Environ or Medik8?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blankyxo

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm looking to open an account with a cosmeceutical brand and these are the final 2 I'm down to. Has anyone used either one of these brands and which do you/your clients prefer? How did you find the training?

I've got some great info from Environ and am waiting on some from Medik8 but feel pretty torn! I was leaning towards Environ initially, however unlike Medik8, I'm struggling to find information regarding the brand's values and certain ingredients. Are they paraben free? Is the packaging recyclable?

I'm probably being a bit of an eager beaver, but I'd really love to hear from those who have trained, tried and tested the products, rather than from the reps (who are absolutely lovely!).

Thanks! :)

I don’t know much about Medik8 but I know a lot about environ. No they’re not paraben free but parabens aren’t the scary things they’re made out to be. Parabens are found in nature and are a safe and effective preservative. Some aren’t, but some are! Products retail well, training is excellent and I retail masses from a barn in the middle of nowhere!!

I would imagine opening orders are quite different but the environ DF Machine gives you the opportunity to offer amazing facials.

Vic x

Another vote for Environ....
I'm not using as yet - but I'm hopeful for the near futhure! :p
The start up is quite pricey, around £7,000, so only serious contenders will be able to consider this brand :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Yes, Environ is an investment, but I think will client will absolutely love the products and the treatments ☺ x

Thanks guys! Yes, Environ is an investment, but I think will client will absolutely love the products and the treatments ☺ x
If you can get Environ it'll be worth the money! I took out a small loan to get mine and even though I've only been trading about 9 weeks I'm now getting enquiries and bookings for it as it's so sought after! And the people who don't know about Environ are falling in love with the products and treatments. If you're really passionate about skincare and results driven treatments definitely go for it. Good luck

Hey girls
I approach environ to take on their brand, but because another salon had it, they had to ask them if they minded! Obviously that salon said no!
I have my business in a large city with only two other businesses with this range, so really there was enough scope to retail and deliver the treatments without impacting on other salons business. However, another small town in the region had 8-9 salons that used environ. I suspect the real reason for their refusal was because I was buying a second hand machine, which they happily checked the serial number and were ok with initially, but then came back to me saying I couldn’t have the range.
It did leave a bad taste in my mouth and for that reason I wouldn’t work with a company that functions that way.
I guess I would check with environ that they can offer you exclusivity as it appears it is now their working basis. That’s great, if they do, but check location of salons in your area first.
Good luck

Hi!

I'm looking to open an account with a cosmeceutical brand and these are the final 2 I'm down to. Has anyone used either one of these brands and which do you/your clients prefer? How did you find the training?

I've got some great info from Environ and am waiting on some from Medik8 but feel pretty torn! I was leaning towards Environ initially, however unlike Medik8, I'm struggling to find information regarding the brand's values and certain ingredients. Are they paraben free? Is the packaging recyclable?

I'm probably being a bit of an eager beaver, but I'd really love to hear from those who have trained, tried and tested the products, rather than from the reps (who are absolutely lovely!).

Thanks! :)
Hi, just seen your old post and curious what brand you went for in the end? And how you are getting ok? Xxx

Hi, just seen your old post and curious what brand you went for in the end? And how you are getting ok? Xxx

So you know, @Blankyxo has been absent since 2018, so may or may not answer.

Latest posts

Back