Environ Spain wholesale prices @ 30-400% increase, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babs313

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have recently moved to Spain, on the Costa del Sol and started a business in Marbella.
I mainly work as an acupuncturist-alternative therapist and I only have occasional requests for Environ Facials.
I wanted to be able to continue with my existing account with the iiaa, but I was told that it would not be possible as Spain has its own distributor in Madrid.
Considering that I do not speak Spanish and that 100% of my clients so far are not Spanish, I thought it would make more sense dealing directly with iiaa as I would require brochures, news letter etc in English, but I decided to deal with the distributor in Spain.
So I placed a small order with Environ Spain and to my horror I discovered that all products, retail as well as professional have an increase of between 30 to over 100% - one serum in particular is 400% more expensive when compared to the latest price lists of the iiaa.
After exchanging a few emails with the head office in SA, in which I was dealt with as a dishonest and unethical person for trying to get the products from UK and blaming the fact that there is a language barrier since the distributor speaks fluent English I am still waiting for a valid answer and explanation as to why I have to pay such an increase on the products.
Ahh.. I was told that one of the reasons is that Spain has different legislation than UK and that the costs may be higher ... well, as far as legislation goes Brussels decides on legislation so we are pretty much all equal in Europe. As far as costs go, I honestly do not believe that a distribution center in Spain incurs more costs than the iiaa offices in London to justify such an increase.
I have the original emails if any of you therapists would like to see the entire exchange.
Besides it, there are some serum which are manufactured in London. Since we are all part of a common market and there are no entry duties to be paid what justifies a whopping increase?
As far as being called unethical for wanting to continue with iiaa since I still have a few clients in UK that I visit regularly I find that very offensive and degrading to my character.
I also found out that other European companies such as Academie Scientifique de Beaute, Perron Rigot, Bioslimming and I was told by my Welsh colleague that OPI and Shellac as well all bear an increase of over 30% increase when compared to the UK prices.
I would be grateful if all of you who has read this thread would share their thoughts as I strongly believe this is a serious concern that should be clarified by the Head Offices of all the above companies.
ps. needless to say that the Environ Ionizyne II is now for sale.

Last edited:
Probably to do with the exchange rate to Euro at the moment. It's bad which may cause an increase plus distribution gets taken into account I imagine.

The thing is, even if the product is more expensive in a certain country you now operate from that doesn't matter because that will be the baseline cost people in that country would be used to paying. Also when dealing with distributors with exclusivity in a country, you really have no choice.

I took into consideration the exchange rate, but if it came down to it all prices will be consistently increased... I cannot have one item with a couple of pounds difference in price and another one which is 400% more expensive... there is no logic. The Ionzime is just over £1000 more expensive.
Also, since the sterling is doing pretty bad at the moment, there is not a big difference between pounds and euro.
How can it be justified for a French cosmetic company to have a distributor in Spain that sells wholesale products at a minimum of 30% more expensive than a distributor in Ireland? Spain, France and Ireland use the euro, BUT the prices in Spain are higher than they are in Ireland. Ditto for a French waxing company.
The Mother Company should have a guideline for various distributors, I don't believe it is correct for them to set a wholesale price individually nor ethical.
If we look at high fashion for instance, Versace Atelier, Armani etc all prices are set in USD regardless of the country the buyer comes from.. be Japan, China or Russia. In this way all prices are consistent regardless of the currency and the country.
I still do not understand how it is justifiable to buy a serum from Environ UK at £xx.xx and the same serum in Spain for xx euro or £xx.xx at today's exchange rate.

**Trade prices removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading this a bit shocked. It's a disgrace! They just presume you will suck it up! Look for a different brand! I wouldn't want to deal with a company like that. Good luck in getting some decent answers xx

Personally I do not appreciate the initial thread and the accusatory tone displayed as well as the various statements which contradict each other...

Firstly cupcake :

Environ has had a world wide price increase by 30% from 1st March.

Secondly: the distribution rights are owned by a company for the resale of environ so emailing head office in South Africa will make no difference , they just manufacture the product the company who owns the distribution contract is able to make their own rules. They the same distributors of Jane iredale cosmetics too.

Thirdly : are you aware that they have no longer selling the original ionzyme serums in they re branded and the new product is a much higher end product and therefore much more expensive.

Fourthly : have no clue what serum would ever cos £xx.xx ever ! Even conversation to the Rand is rubbish all environ professional serums are expensive.

Fifthly as mentioned Spain has their own taxation and regulations and most products are more expensive in Spain .

Ek is jammer jou kon nie dig glo nie, mar dis is nie n probleem wat jy kan op a "forum" regmaak nie.

So ja Julle mos maar "carry on" !

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I do not appreciate the initial thread and the accusatory tone displayed as well as the various statements which contradict each other...

Firstly cupcake :

Environ has had a world wide price increase by 30% from 1st March.

Secondly: the distribution rights are owned by a company for the resale of environ so emailing head office in South Africa will make no difference , they just manufacture the product the company who owns the distribution contract is able to make their own rules. They the same distributors of Jane iredale cosmetics too.

Thirdly : are you aware that they have no longer selling the original ionzyme serums in they re branded and the new product is a much higher end product and therefore much more expensive.

Fourthly : have no clue what serum would ever cos £19.50 ever ! Even conversation to the Rand is rubbish all environ professional serums are expensive.

Fifthly as mentioned Spain has their own taxation and regulations and most products are more expensive in Spain .

Ek is jammer jou kon nie dig glo nie, mar dis is nie n probleem wat jy kan op a "forum" regmaak nie.

So ja Julle mos maar "carry on" !

Firstly, I am a 52 yo woman who does not appreciate being called "cupcake". I suggest you save that title for your friends and family or people of your liking.

Secondly, I do not know who you are and where you are getting your self entitlement for liking the post. The post reflects nothing but reality and if you do not like it, tough!!! The post is not about you nor was created for you to like it.

Thirldly, what on earth are you referring to? Whatever it is your are writing about does not relate to any of the things I wrote in the post.

Fourthly, you have no clue as to what serum I am referring to? Let me help you, it is the Intense Retinol Serum. And for that I am actually referring to the iiaa wholesale pricelist January 2017.
Get your facts right before going onto the offensive 'cause you are left looking like an ass otherwise.

Fifthly, could you elaborate on Spanish taxation and regulations that so differ from those in the UK since you come across as being an expert? If you can't, your argument is void.
By the way, if your argument was correct, then explain to me why some products have an increased price of 30% whilst others are nearly 400% more expensive - ex Intense Retinol Serum.

"Even conversation to the Rand is rubbish all environ professional serums are expensive." Did you actually read my post? Which part did I refer to the Rand?
You are so hell bent on arrogance that your mind makes you see thing that are not there.

Lastly. I do not like the tone of your post and I will stop my reply here.

Eish ek dink jy Moët n chill pill hé , yoh tannie!!

Reading your post a few years ago you were trying to sell your environ equipment as your spa bombed , not so?

Cupcake is a comical term used and if you too old to understand the light hearted joke or term I suggest you retire! (Now that's a sarcastic comment I take full credit for) [emoji95] BOoM!

And if you read my post in a calm fashion you would have understood it.
Responding with aggression just makes me laugh [emoji23] more (bcoz you have not understood my reply and for some odd reason made you explode : I had no idea you hated cupcakes so much ! Everyone loves cakes)

The reason I quoted RANDS was because you kept going on about having a base price and contacting head office , so I am just saying that the price in the currency of the head office used RANDs: now logic should tell you any exported product gets about 45% added onto the cost from the exporting company. (I say this because I own a beauty company who exports and imports).

AND if YOU read my post you might have seen that I said Environ have re branded and changed the serums !Which cost a lot more. For e.g. Ionzyme cquence is not sold anymore it has been replaced with youth EssentiaA which is a LOT more expensive then the other old product plus add the 30% price increase (march) can easily seem like a lot.

You also urged people to respond, which I have . And you don't like my reply : sorry [emoji52]

Can I remind people to keep replies polite, professional and on topic please.

Latest posts

Back