Epidermoid cyst removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi All

Just looking for a little advice...
I've had an empidermoid cyst on my chest for donkeys years... However, last weekend, overnight it doubled in size and became quite painful! By the Monday there was also some redness, went to the docs, she said she thought it was infected so put me on antibiotics for 5 days. Friday was my last day of antibitotics, no improvement, if anything it had got worse, so back to the doctors for more antibiotics and referral for removal! Doesn't seem to be improving much.
I have chosen to go private for my appointment with my dermatologist as I will get seen much quicker. So much so, my appointment is this Thursday :)
I have been to see about getting it removed before and was told no, as the chest is prone to bad scarring! However, this time it looks like it will be removed!
My question is... How can I help the scar heal well?
How early can I use bio oil after the op?

Many thanks

Anyone ever had one removed? X

I don't know how to advise so maybe someone will be along shortly but I hope it all goes well for you :)

With regards to the bio oil, I'd just make sure it has actually healed over before you start putting it on because I believe it says not to apply to open wounds. Hth x

I didn't want to read and run :hug:

I don't know anyone that has had this done, so unfortunately I can't help there... but SolarOil is MUCH better than Bio Oil for scarring. I have marks on my arms from a few years ago (self harm) and now they are almost disappearing - I used Bio Oil for a year to no avail, but the SolarOil seems to have done the trick and they are fading nicely.

(P.S. Fran & Spencer are getting better, he's feeding now. PM me if you want any more info) xxx

I didn't want to read and run :hug:

I don't know anyone that has had this done, so unfortunately I can't help there... but SolarOil is MUCH better than Bio Oil for scarring. I have marks on my arms from a few years ago (self harm) and now they are almost disappearing - I used Bio Oil for a year to no avail, but the SolarOil seems to have done the trick and they are fading nicely.

(P.S. Fran & Spencer are getting better, he's feeding now. PM me if you want any more info) xxx

Thanks everyone! Got my appointment today :-/

Thanks Hun, I'll try the SolarOil! Ah so glad to hear little Spencer is getting better, fingers crossed it remains that way :) Fran must be going out of her mind bless her!!! I'll send her a fb message xxx

Just an update.... Had my initial appointment on 10th May... All I can say is OUCH!!!!
He drained the cyst there and then, but could not give me a local anaesthetic as it was infected and it would have spread the infection had he inserted a needle!
So he just whipped out his scalpel and .... Slice!!! Lol! He cut it open and I could feel every single slice.... Maaaaaan I wanted to punch him! Haha!
Anyway, long story short, it hurt and drained each day for a couple of weeks. I now have my appointment on Tuesday for removal :( so I better order a very large bottle of solar oil for my scar! Lol!
If anyone else has any suggestions for scarring or have any suggestions for good camouflage make up please let me know :)

Xxx

Take advice from the medical team. I thought you had to wait a while before putting anything on. Sorry I can't be any clearer, just make sure the wound has been through all the healing processes.

Take advice from the medical team. I thought you had to wait a while before putting anything on. Sorry I can't be any clearer, just make sure the wound has been through all the healing processes.

Thanks hun, I will be waiting until it has fully healed before putting anything on it anyway (will just be wearing high neck tops for the time being lol) I was just wondering if anyone had any more tips for scars :) i don't think I'm going to get much out of the surgeon, i didnt when I went for the 1st appointment, other than him telling me to buy a massive necklace, or to wear a scarf or to wear roll necks to hide it!!! lol! xxx

Vitamin E, Plus essential oils... Lavender (true), palmarosa, patchouli and Rose damask are all great for healing scars, you need to wait till it has healed first though hon...xxxxxx

Vitamin E, Plus essential oils... Lavender (true), palmarosa, patchouli and Rose damask are all great for healing scars, you need to wait till it has healed first though hon...xxxxxx

Thanks I'll try some of that! Yeah I will be waiting until its healed before putting anything on it :) will just keep it covered until then xxx

i don't think I'm going to get much out of the surgeon, i didnt when I went for the 1st appointment, other than him telling me to buy a massive necklace, or to wear a scarf or to wear roll necks to hide it!!! lol! xxx

Ask the nurse instead, we're often more empathetic!* :wink2:

*No offense meant to any surgeons!

Ask the nurse instead, we're often more empathetic!* :wink2:

*No offense meant to any surgeons!

Will do :) thanks! Although I don't hold out much hope unless it's a different nurse this time! Lol xxx

Oh dear! Note I used the word 'often'

Good luck with it all. :D

Latest posts

Back