Epilepsy and waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbe!

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had a customer contact me and ask me if I will wax her. She's epileptic and takes medication for it. I was trained not to wax people with it but on the epilepsy website it said that waxing won't trigger a fit. I just wondered if anyone has any more info or is it a definite no no!
Thank you x

When a client has epilepsy you need to ask about how well it is controlled and when was their last fit.
If they take regular medication and have been fit free for a year or more then you have no problem. It is well controlled.
Sometimes an epileptic can have a phase where they start fitting again due to another medical problem but they would be seeing their GP for treatment for this so you wouldn't offer them treatment at that time.

Anyone newly diagnosed with epilepsy would be contra-indicated until fit free for about a year. This is because their condition is unpredictable.
Most epileptics know when they are about to fit - they get an 'aura' - which is very helpful as you can lie them on the floor and make them safe.

hope this helps.
(from an ex nurse who used to work with epileptics in hospital)

Thanks so much, that's very helpful. So glad it's not just a definite no! Xx

Latest posts

Back