Equal parts 1.9% with Colour Touch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosieamber93

Reaction score
What are people’s thoughts?
Basically I’m naturally a level 7 and have a blonde balayage (often toned grey) and I wanted to go to a 5 on my root. So we put 5/19 in illumina with pastel (1:2) on, it looks okay but sheer coverage which is expected with illumina. I washed once and it’s back to a 7. My colleague has been doing a 5/0 in CT with EQUAL parts 1.9% on her client with GREYS! ANd it covers amazing! Is it worth me trying this on mine to cover some of the balayage and see if it sticks? (It doesn’t even stick to my natural not just the blonde) If not my last option is to pre pig.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 52
What are people’s thoughts?
Basically I’m naturally a level 7 and have a blonde balayage (often toned grey) and I wanted to go to a 5 on my root. So we put 5/19 in illumina with pastel (1:2) on, it looks okay but sheer coverage which is expected with illumina. I washed once and it’s back to a 7. My colleague has been doing a 5/0 in CT with EQUAL parts 1.9% on her client with GREYS! ANd it covers amazing! Is it worth me trying this on mine to cover some of the balayage and see if it sticks? (It doesn’t even stick to my natural not just the blonde) If not my last option is to pre pig.
Usually the recommended mixing ratio is 1 part colour to 2parts developer for colour touch. Shampoo the hair with a cleansing shampoo first too.

Like ronray says I'd stick the the ratios set by wella... Her mix may work fantastic for her hair in that occasion... But could be awful on ankther client.

When you start changing the way products should work together you can get unpredictable results x

Like ronray says I'd stick the the ratios set by wella... Her mix may work fantastic for her hair in that occasion... But could be awful on ankther client.

When you start changing the way products should work together you can get unpredictable results x
Yeah I get you, so do we think it will cover better over my balayage than the illumina? The illumina just slipped straight off within two washes! If this doesn’t work my last resort is to pre pig the root section

how long did you leave the illumina on for? the tone wont be so cool in CT x

I left it a good 45-50 minutes as I was doing another stylists hair whilst developing! Yeah I know :( think I’m gonna have to accept it now if I want good coverage!

Yeah, i would give CT a go :)

Latest posts

Back