ERICA MT2O or KUPA 3000?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Which is the best in your opinion?

sorry what are they?
Am i being completely niave? I have never heard of them.
:confused:

Erica MT20, never tried Kupa, sorry! But the Erica MT20 is very awesome.

they are electric nail files!

KP 3000 all the way. I had Erica's MT20 and sold it .My KP 3000 is quiet,tiny handpiece and has more power than MT20. I also have foot pedal and I love that option.JMHO

I hope your not thinking of buying one annabanna, especially off of EBAY - not to mention the fact that you are not trained in the use of an Efile let alone extensions.........

It would not be a professional move :irked:

I hope your not thinking of buying one annabanna, especially off of EBAY - not to mention the fact that you are not trained in the use of an Efile let alone extensions.........

It would not be a professional move :irked:

I second this whole heartedly!
you can do some serious permanent damage without the correct training. Not advisable!

yes I AM going to buy one...I will also get some training as well I dont know what the big song and dance is about where e-files are concerned...as long as theu are used correctly with the training then what on earths the problem...I see them as an essential item really.

I would get the one that provides the most comprehensive training in it's use.

I agree ...no song and dance, as long as you get the training, the E File is a good Salon tool.

As regards it being essential, sorry, but I have always managed without.

yes I AM going to buy one...I will also get some training as well I don't know what the big song and dance is about where e-files are concerned...as long as they are used correctly with the training then what on earth's the problem...I see them as an essential item really.
The song and dance (as you called it) is due to a lot of damage being done to the natural nails by 'technicians' using e-files without the correct training.

They aren't an essential item, by using the correct techniques with manual filing the same result can be achieved.

The song and dance (as you called it) is due to a lot of damage being done to the natural nails by 'technicians' using e-files without the correct training.

They aren't an essential item, by using the correct techniques with manual filing the same result can be achieved.

here here sandi.

I have never had to use or felt the need to use an efile, yes, when I was training, and getting to grips with filling I thought how much better and quicker would it be to use an Efile??

BUT - IMO - you should be able to do everything an efile can do by hand x

Which is the best in your opinion?

i read you are still currently under training i would perfect hand finishing before considering and e file

yes I AM going to buy one...I will also get some training as well I dont know what the big song and dance is about where e-files are concerned...as long as theu are used correctly with the training then what on earths the problem...I see them as an essential item really.

So will your home-learn course cover that as well then?? I think you'll find a lot of the major nail companies wont accept home learn as a qualification at all so wont offer you training excpet from a Foundation perspective.....

Efiles essential? Umm, no. Not at your stage of learning. The responsible efile users hae already perfected their skill with hand files and have chosen to use an efile instead to get the same result - not as a crutch because their basic skills are lacking.

When you have experience you will see what the 'song and dance' is all about.

I am so glad you think for yourself .. efiles are a asset to you & your work. its a tool just like any other tool you use in this biz. efiles have been around a very long time. it isn't something new. Certain ppl in this biz have made it bad by not using them properly & we all know these same ppl have made our work as nail techs much harder. If you use your tools the way they are to be used you are the winner.. it not only makes your work faster & the finish better, it will most certainly lessen the strain of the use of your wrist & you will not get the dreaded Carpel Tunnel. I had it & had to have the surgury to correct it.
If I had used the efile earlier I wouldn't have had it at all.

I have seen the worst nail damage ever from hand filing so don't blame it on the file its the user. They make bits now for use on the nat nail as well. as well as for skin on the feet. Pedi bits are awesome.. you won't believe how great they work you won't ever leave home with out it :lol:

I applaud you for sticking to your wants, & don't let anyone sway you to thinking otherwise. some ppl don't like change , some ppl are leaders some are followers. it amazes me how ppl don't more forward in this biz..

I happen to use & love the EricaMt20. You get better customer service. the machine is top notch. repairs little to none.

This tool will last you the lifetime of your nail career. use it wisely . you won't regret one minute of your choice... good for you take a stand :hug:

I don't think any of the replies on here have slated efiles...or told her not to use one. All that has been said is think twice before getting one from Ebay, DO ensure you have the correct training and corrected her that efiles are not essential......

thankyou so much carolina...you seem to be the one person that hasnt slated me for wanting to buy an e-file...Im over the moon i have found this site it is a massive help...alot of the qustions i ask is merely to find out how other people operate and obviously to learn and share, nobody will make me change my mind on this anyway..I have raised the money and i will be buying a file as soon as i find a good one with the training to go with it of course...there seem to be a lot of patronising and judgemental people on here which is unfortunate....and im glad you highlighted the fact that a standard nail file can cause plenty of damage also...as can many of the tools and products used!

who and where were you slated for wanting an efile....?

i think you are confusing patronising and judgemental with experience and knowledge...

thankyou so much carolina...you seem to be the one person that hasnt slated me for wanting to buy an e-file...Im over the moon i have found this site it is a massive help...alot of the qustions i ask is merely to find out how other people operate and obviously to learn and share, nobody will make me change my mind on this anyway..I have raised the money and i will be buying a file as soon as i find a good one with the training to go with it of course...there seem to be a lot of patronising and judgemental people on here which is unfortunate....and im glad you highlighted the fact that a standard nail file can cause plenty of damage also...as can many of the tools and products used!

not so much judgemental and patronising but passionate and protective over their chosen careers and the industry.
The first thing many would have done would have been to look at your profile.You have written that you are a student,still learning in the industry and your question was very short therefore most peoples immediate reaction would have been NO you don't want to be looking at e files yet.
Many would have thought it and some wrote it and gave their opinion and advice.
Maybe elaborate a bit more with your questioning.

Im sorry but I feel im being looked down on because of the fact i am "studying".....I am asking questions and yes I value peoples opinions but they ARE given in such a patronising way......maybe I should change my profile to say I have been in this business for umpteen years then perhaps I wouldnt get spat on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back