ERICA MT2O or KUPA 3000?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry but I feel im being looked down on because of the fact i am "studying".....I am asking questions and yes I value peoples opinions but they ARE given in such a patronising way......maybe I should change my profile to say I have been in this business for umpteen years then perhaps I wouldnt get spat on!
NOBODY has spat on you... nobody has patronised you... you don't seem to value the advice being given to you and insist on name calling (which is totally uncalled for)!

There is nothing wrong in asking questions...but when faced with answers you don't like its YOU who gets all stroppy....you ask a question, we answer...you get hump cos we ain't agreeing with...ask yourself why we ain't agreeing with you...???? could it maybe, just maybe be because we know what we are on about.

Have an open mind...if you want help we will bend over back wards to help you...but if all you want is for people to agree with you then try www.agreewithmeonly.com

name calling????????????

Im sorry but I feel im being looked down on because of the fact i am "studying".....I am asking questions and yes I value peoples opinions but they ARE given in such a patronising way......maybe I should change my profile to say I have been in this business for umpteen years then perhaps I wouldnt get spat on!

It doesn't matter if you are a newbie or have been doing nails for umpteen years, if you have true passion for nails you are always "studying"

tis a glorious day outside geeks:green:

lol

tis a glorious day outside geeks:green:

lol

you mad !!!.its freezing...dont help i have no heating downstairs but cant be bothered to take the tv, comp, fridge, kettle, toaster and all my other NEED items upstairs...:lol: xx

Come on peeps let's keep this on track. My mum always said to me, I can give you all the advice you want it's up to you what to do with it. If the thread starter only wants to listen to advice that goes with her opinion then that is her prerogative. Others may benefit from opposing pearls of wisdom so please can we all stay constructive, it gets so tiresome to have to over moderate and edit thread after thread.

In the UK E-files have never been popular, not sure why, but they haven't. In the US they seem to be de rigeur. Doesn't make either right, just different. As with any trade, a tool used by poorly trained people is a dangerous thing. Knowledge however is power.

Keep it sweet EVERYone. :hug:

no i do not want to only listen to advise that goes with my opinion! I want to listen to all advice and opinions about THE SUBJECT...not about the fact that i apparantly dont have a clue about anything! Im not here to argue with people.

So will your home-learn course cover that as well then?? I think you'll find a lot of the major nail companies wont accept home learn as a qualification at all so wont offer you training excpet from a Foundation perspective.....

Efiles essential? Umm, no. Not at your stage of learning. The responsible efile users hae already perfected their skill with hand files and have chosen to use an efile instead to get the same result - not as a crutch because their basic skills are lacking.

When you have experience you will see what the 'song and dance' is all about.

I Have to say I agree whole heart The responsible e-file user e.g. me has already perfected my skil with the old hand files but have chosen to use the e-file due to a back injury and CTS which comes to most techs in the end.

And NO WAY I would ever let a beginner lose with an e-file without constant supervision.:hug:

I Have to say I agree whole heart The responsible e-file user e.g. me has already perfected my skil with the old hand files but have chosen to use the e-file due to a back injury and CTS which comes to most techs in the end.

And NO WAY I would ever let a beginner lose with an e-file without constant supervision.:hug:

This statement is certaily not true and is misleading.

I worked behind the nail table for more than 10 years (8-10 hours per day)and never had a twinge in my back, a cough in my chest, or carpel tunnel problems AND I never used an nail drill.

What I did do was learn to sit correctly ... work ergonomically ... use efficient techniques. What's more, all my 'girls' who worked in the salon with me are still working now in their own busy businesses. In fact I saw one the other day when I was in Leeds (who I hadn't seen for 6 years - trained her when she was just 17 - she is now 32) and she told me that she never suffers at all from any form of occupational illness or strain and she thanked me for teaching her so well, the techniques that I used. Which I thought was very nice.

These things do not have to happen to technicians and it is not a matter of course that they will. GOOD TRAINING is the key and GOOD TECHNIQUES (see 'nailclass' by Gigi Rouse :lol:).

Better than using a drill, why not learn a new technique that makes the use of drills obsolete and save your money??? See the thread in the main forum entitled THE NEXT BIG THING!!! You'd be most welcome. Toodles for now.

I think that sometimes we forget what it was like to be a newb and on fire for all the latest stuff. We need to mentor and nurture the newbs without crushing their enthusiasm. I've seen an awful lot of negative or condescending replies on the board lately and it's disheartening. We don't get any taller by sitting on a high horse or stomping on other members' toes.

We were all newbs once upon a time,and we all tried things as we learned. Some we kept as useful, some we discarded as so much useless dreck. I know that for me personally, I like to try something for myself rather than accept someone else's opinion without question. E-files are found in almost every tech's station here in Canada and have been for quite a few yrs. Do some of those techs use them badly and scar their clients? You betcha, Baby! But do some of those techs use them as skillfully as hand filing? Yep,and those are the dedicated techs who got training on all their equipment,hand files and electric.

Anna,if you want to try an e-file, call around to some of the companies and see if they'll give you some training on one. Then decide for yourself what you want to do.

I think that sometimes we forget what it was like to be a newb and on fire for all the latest stuff. We need to mentor and nurture the newbs without crushing their enthusiasm. I've seen an awful lot of negative or condescending replies on the board lately and it's disheartening. We don't get any taller by sitting on a high horse or stomping on other members' toes.

We were all newbs once upon a time,and we all tried things as we learned. Some we kept as useful, some we discarded as so much useless dreck. I know that for me personally, I like to try something for myself rather than accept someone else's opinion without question. E-files are found in almost every tech's station here in Canada and have been for quite a few yrs. Do some of those techs use them badly and scar their clients? You betcha, Baby! But do some of those techs use them as skillfully as hand filing? Yep,and those are the dedicated techs who got training on all their equipment,hand files and electric.

Anna,if you want to try an e-file, call around to some of the companies and see if they'll give you some training on one. Then decide for yourself what you want to do.

I agree totally with your second and 3rd paragrahs. I have carefully re-read this thread and I do not see where anyone has stomped on or condesended to anyone. The tone in which one chooses to read is their affair but why assume people are taking this atitude? Maybe it is just a cultural difference between countries in the way we speak? Lets be nice and assume that no one is meaning to be condesending or dismissive and there is no problem.

We always ask our children to learn from our mistakes and the experience of their elders and wish they would do so. Learning by making mistakes is a very ineficient not to mention expensive way to learn. If doctors took that approach then there would be allot of dead people around now wouldn't there.

Why ask for advice if you are not prepared to at least listen to it? Why take that advice as condesending or disheartening? That seems pretty silly to me.

E-files are found in almost every tech's station here in Canada and have been for quite a few yrs.

Really? I live in Canada and over the years have been to inumerable well respected nail techs and most did not use efiles. I think it really varies....

If a poster or thread starter posts with respect and politeness, then there would be no need for negativity or condescension (not that I am saying this has happended here).

Long standing experienced geeks on this site including newer ones, do try to nurture and mentor new techs. We have all seen new techs improve and go from strength to strength. However, arrogance and obnoxious behaviour and comments from certain geeks serves no useful purpose to anyone or anything. This in itself is disheartening!

This thread was started last week while I was on holiday . . . I've just been reading through and these are my thoughts for what they're worth

I can't see (unless posts have since been edited) that there's anything for anyone to be getting upset over. :rolleyes: Just experienced passionate geeks giving their advice.

For me, I considered using an e-file (of course I would have undertaken the appropriate training, and I made enquiries). It was in the earlier days. But when I look back, the reason I needed one was because my product placement wasn't as good as it could be. If this improves (as mine did over time), what filing is there to do? Only a tidgy bit just to finish off . . . . and it takes no time at all.

With a French rebalance there's more work but is it really that difficult if you use the best methods? ie Gigi's French Rebalance techniques

I also think some clients are put off by use of an e-file. Maybe the user is experienced and careful, but they have heard so many horror stories and seen so many "rings of fire" that they want nothing to do with them.

If, at the end of the day, you decide an e-file is what you want, then as long as the appropriate training is undertaken, which you are planning anyway, there is no real problem. It is personal choice. Wouldn't life be boring if we all had the same views on things? :green:

Long standing experienced geeks on this site including newer ones, do try to nurture and mentor new techs. We have all seen new techs improve and go from strength to strength. However, arrogance and obnoxious behaviour and comments from certain geeks serves no useful purpose to anyone or anything. This in itself is disheartening!

Thanks for pointing out the pecking order, Mrs C., I'll make sure I don't get outta line again if I can help it. I don't think I've ever been called arrogant before. Usually, people tell me to stop hiding my light under a bushel. However, now that I've had both a MOD and a long standing experienced geek tell me to belt up and toe the party line, I'll tuck my little old culturally ignorant, obnoxious, arrogant tail between my legs and slink on home.

I never wanted to be anything other than helpful and occasionally humorous to my fellow posters and if I have offended the MODs and the older long standing experienced geeks such as Mrs Clooney and Geeg, I offer humblest apologies and mea culpas. I only wanted to offer a rope of kindness to a floundering newb but if anethema is the cost, so be it. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can still catch the penance express to purgatory and eventually get a ticket back from Coventry instead of going straight to H*ll for my sins.

Thanks for pointing out the pecking order, Mrs C., I'll make sure I don't get outta line again if I can help it. I don't think I've ever been called arrogant before. Usually, people tell me to stop hiding my light under a bushel. However, now that I've had both a MOD and a long standing experienced geek tell me to belt up and toe the party line, I'll tuck my little old culturally ignorant, obnoxious, arrogant tail between my legs and slink on home.

I never wanted to be anything other than helpful and occasionally humorous to my fellow posters and if I have offended the MODs and the older long standing experienced geeks such as Mrs Clooney and Geeg, I offer humblest apologies and mea culpas. I only wanted to offer a rope of kindness to a floundering newb but if anethema is the cost, so be it. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can still catch the penance express to purgatory and eventually get a ticket back from Coventry instead of going straight to H*ll for my sins.

If a poster or thread starter posts with respect and politeness, then there would be no need for negativity or condescension (not that I am saying this has happended here).

I agree totally with your second and 3rd paragrahs. I have carefully re-read this thread and I do not see where anyone has stomped on or condesended to anyone. The tone in which one chooses to read is their affair but why assume people are taking this atitude? Maybe it is just a cultural difference between countries in the way we speak? Lets be nice and assume that no one is meaning to be condesending or dismissive and there is no problem.

We always ask our children to learn from our mistakes and the experience of their elders and wish they would do so. Learning by making mistakes is a very ineficient not to mention expensive way to learn. If doctors took that approach then there would be allot of dead people around now wouldn't there.

Why ask for advice if you are not prepared to at least listen to it? Why take that advice as condesending or disheartening? That seems pretty silly to me.

No no no no - you've so got the wrong end of the stick here!!! The 'arrogant and obnoxious' comment from Mrs C wasn't aimed at you IMO, more the thread starter (sorry if I've put words in anyone's mouth).

Mrs C was commenting on the attitude of those who ask for advice and how that influences the anwers/replies it generates......

Geeg agreed with most of what you said if you read her reply....

Please don't take offence at something so early in your geek career! Hope I helped a bit.....

Ok, this thread has now totally gone off track! However, I do feel the need to reply and clear up any misunderstanding.

My comments were in no way directed at you Lambrosia, believe it or not! I actually thought your post was constructive and kind towards new and struggling geeks. I in no way told you to belt up or toe the line, in fact I felt my previous post was very polite. I have just reread and still feel the same way.

Firstly, I am not a longstanding and experienced geek or in any pecking order. I have only been on this site for a little over two and a half years (it will be three in Feb next year) and my experience in the nail industry equates to the same amount of time. This is peanuts compared to the wealth of experience some of the geeks have on this site. But I have learned so much about nails, enhancements, beauty etc from those very geeks sharing their knowledge and experience, which I would never have learned in a classroom in a month of Sundays. Those are the longstanding and experienced geeks I was referring to.

I have also seen other geeks being nurtured by the experienced ones and the progress they make by the valuable guidance on this site is amazing! I myself, chose to go into the beauty industry largely through my involvement on this site and if you check my profile you will see that I am currently a new beauty student and receiving guidance by those experienced geeks.

However, from time to time, geeks behaviour can become a bit obnoxious and provocative, showing no respect for the site whatsoever. We have seen a little of this lately and the responses given by the more experienced geeks may be seen as being patronizing and condescending. 'Ropes of kindness' are often offered to the floundering newbies' (to quote you), but their sometimes arrogant responses are very disheartening to the geeks who put so much of their time, effort and engergy (all for free) into supporting them. This is the point I was making.

Often we don't see alot of what goes on behind the scenes, for example, in pm's. Sometimes taunting, unpleasant posts are made, which some geeks see, but then the poster deletes them. However, the comments were made and viewed by some, so what may appear to be innocent, actually was not.

Many geeks have come onto this site and trod on somebodies feet or said something which offends another geek (mostly without intent to hurt) , myself included. We don't all always agree with eachother but we pick up the pieces and we move on. The sharing and the support, the teaching and the nurturing continues.

Now, I'm going to make myself another hot cuppa :green:. Happy geeking everybody! xx

I've heard rave reviews for Erica MT20, although I don't use an efile. But I'd like to explore the option of using an efile too. And as advised already by other geeks, do make sure you receive proper training to handle your efile properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back