ERICA MT2O or KUPA 3000?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Often we don't see alot of what goes on behind the scenes, for example, in pm's. Sometimes taunting, unpleasant posts are made, which some geeks see, but then the poster deletes them. However, the comments were made and viewed by some, so what may appear to be innocent, actually was not.

Along this line, it would be neat if there was a facility to show when a post has been deleted (unless there is already???).

Obviously, geeks have the right to delete their comments. Unfortunately that causes a lot of confusion when people come on after the deletes and don't realize some out of line things have been said.

If there was a spot to show there was a delete for xxx (just like we can see when a post has been edited...) at least geeks would know there was more to the story.

Again, totally off track of this post, but just a thought....

I haven't used the KUPA efiles but I have heard good things about them. I use an Erica's MT20 and I love it. I 'struggled' with the decision between the two after doing a ton of research.My decision finally came down to shipping providers!! I would have had to pay alot for having KUPA to send a file to Canada as they only use UPS. I had an MT20 sent and it only cost 20.00 for S & H!! I think you'd be happy with either file as they are both top quality. HTH

Along this line, it would be neat if there was a facility to show when a post has been deleted (unless there is already???).

There haven't been any deleted on this thread! Usually when we need to moderate a lot of posts we wil add in another one letting people know.

As i've already said, when you ask for advice it's up to you what you do with it ... but you have to accept that you will always get opinions that maybe you don't like ... it's called debate!

Happy geeking peeps :hug:

i cant believe all this bickering over a simple question! Thanx to the minority of prople on this thread that actually tried to answer this question, to anyone who is interested i have made my desicion after much thinking and research...once I have finished the course i am doing at present (which i am aiming to complete by xmas)..I will then be purchasing a Kupa 3000 along with the training, before carrying on with further courses to keep learning and perfecting etc.

I am completely happy with my decision and feel its the right desision for me x

i cant believe all this bickering over a simple question! Thanx to the minority of prople on this thread that actually tried to answer this question, to anyone who is interested i have made my desicion after much thinking and research...once I have finished the course i am doing at present (which i am aiming to complete by xmas)..I will then be purchasing a Kupa 3000 along with the training, before carrying on with further courses to keep learning and perfecting etc.

Well that is fine then isn't it. You may surprise yourself and find you don't even need one afterall. What seems difficult at first later seems easy. so it is always wise to take a bit of time before deciding anything.

its more about want than need x

Why would anyone want something if they don't need it? Well apart from clothes and makeup and other delicious things ... we are women after all .... but a nail drill? That to ME doesn't fall into the same category at all!! :lol:

yes but i want everything i can lay my hands on! lol id rather have it than not have it hehe

Well thats settled then isnt it? I'm glad you have come to a decision about what you want.

I just hope you try and perfect your hand filling technique before jumping straight in with the E File - thats what I would personally do, that way, if your file breaks one day you wont be stuck or forced to give your clients a less than acceptable service because of incorrect filling technique with a manual file. :green:

its more about want than need x

Well I hope you get it sorted mate.
If I were you though I would invest in more training after you have finished your EN course rather than waste the money on an e file that you might find you don't need.
I've got one...I use it to make little shoes and other acrylic things... more as a hobby....never had the need to learn to use it on a nail though after my classroom training.

well if im no good at hand filing then its unlikely i will pass my course which if you read c you will see i said i would complete my course first.

i will be investing in more courses as well...it wont just stop there! lol im not really wasting money because my dads paying for the file....good old dad lol x

well if im no good at hand filing then its unlikely i will pass my course which if you read c you will see i said i would complete my course first.

Its about striving to be the best you can be at the end of the day - you will pass your course if your filling is 'ok' - so yes you will probably pass - but as a tech I would hope you want to 'perfect it'.

Sorry, just the passion coming out! :green:

I believe the course i am doing right now the tutors are extremely critical and they wont just pass someone if their work isnt up to scratch...if i get anything less than a distinction than i wont be best pleased tbh it goes without saying that i want perfection!

I believe the course i am doing right now the tutors are extremely critical and they wont just pass someone if their work isnt up to scratch...if i get anything less than a distinction than i wont be best pleased tbh it goes without saying that i want perfection!

Its great that you want to get the best that you can! Thats the type of attitude that will get you far! :green: good luck!

I see from your profile its a essential nails course your doing. I think for e-file training you really need 1 to 1 :)

Hi hun, I don't think we've spoken before so hello from a mad one:lol:
Well didn't you open a big can of worms:eek:
Anyway, I had a car crash which has left me with some spinal probs and I found that on a busy day an E-file was a big help, I never use it on a natural nail, I just find it quicker to use a hand file to remove shine rather then prat about changing file bits, I also find that shapeing is quicker with a hand file but I worked very hard at not applying more product then I need so my post product filing is minimal, debulking on a rebalance is where I find the E-file is most helpful and yes I do use it to cut in a new smile but again its no quicker then doing this by hand, it just saves my twisted spine, where I love my E-file is for removing the discoloration that you see as the natural nail grows under the enhancement. I have a cone shaped bit that I picked up at excel last year from young nail and its the best.
Training: I don't know who you intend to do your E-file training with but I would recomend NSI for that, nothing wrong with young nails and they do teach the reverse application as well, so if I were you I would talk to both of them and see who you click with best.
And finally:lol: I would say before training with a E-file it would be a good idea to practice what you have already learned for a few months.
I trained with creative and had so much fun on the course that I found I missed my lessons and wanted to get on another course straight away but my teacher told me leave it six months, practice what I had already learned, and then start looking for more training because only by practicing the skills you have just learned can you see where your interests lie and the gaps in what you know and want to know will become more evident.:lol:
And she was so right.
Anyway good luck with it all and to any and all geeks who read this, try to remember that the written word doesn't have a tone of voice, unless you give it one, and generally the tone you give it is not the one the author gave it.:hug:

thanx for your advice...i had pretty much decided on nsi as they do a good deal with the training when you buy a file from them x

A can of worms??

Why is it that just because people have different opinions people say things like this? :irked:

You are going to do what you want no matter who advises you or how much experience they have had, with or without using a drill. You have made that quite clear. I am so OVER this thread.

NSI have a good reputation with their drill classes so Go for it, or not. Your decision does not affect anyone personally. Is there really any more that needs to be said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back