essential knowledge and understanding questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VICKYBROOKES

Reaction score
hi all , im just coming to the end of my make uo nvq2 and im stuck on the last few of these questions . it would be great if anyone could help me out . i have looked on the vtct website for the info but am unsure what to put . i have answers for some but need general advice from u pros about what else to add . any info would be great ! thanks

q1 , how would you present yourself in order to comply with industry codes of practice for apperance .

is this as simple as it sounds ? sorry if i sound thick but is it general hygiene they r after ?

q2, why apply make up in sequence . i have put because it has a better lasting effect and better visual overall effect . if done in another order the make up could apper caked or smudged . does this sound ok?

q3 . which contra indications would u refer to gp? is this a trick question? as the question b4 asked me to list them which i have doen but is the ansewer to report all contraindications to gp? as the next qs is why is it important to refer to gp . just dont want to put wrong answer

q4 how would u deal with this contra-action --- adverse skin reaction

i have put remove products with water . would there be anything else i should do?

hi all , im just coming to the end of my make uo nvq2 and im stuck on the last few of these questions . it would be great if anyone could help me out . i have looked on the vtct website for the info but am unsure what to put . i have answers for some but need general advice from u pros about what else to add . any info would be great ! thanks

q1 , how would you present yourself in order to comply with industry codes of practice for apperance .

is this as simple as it sounds ? sorry if i sound thick but is it general hygiene they r after ? That's what I would put, plus neat & tidy hair/makeup, etc

q2, why apply make up in sequence . i have put because it has a better lasting effect and better visual overall effect . if done in another order the make up could apper caked or smudged . does this sound ok? Also, some products act as a base for others, foundation before powder, lipliner before lipstick.

q3 . which contra indications would u refer to gp? is this a trick question? as the question b4 asked me to list them which i have doen but is the ansewer to report all contraindications to gp? as the next qs is why is it important to refer to gp . just dont want to put wrong answer Not all contra's need to be refered to a GP, sunburn for example would require you to modify the treatment, but doesn't need medical attention

q4 how would u deal with this contra-action --- adverse skin reaction

i have put remove products with water . would there be anything else i should do? Record on client record card, follow up phone call to check on condition, refer to a GP if neccessary

HTH, has been a while since I did my makeup unit

Why apply in sequence- to acheive desired results

Presentation to comly with industry- all as above post, inc, clean and pressed uniform, fresh breath, no overwhelming odour, reasonable amount of makeup, clean, short tidy nails.

Contra indications- refer those which can be made worse by treatment, are contagious/infectious or will worsen if left.as above post, some justneed modifying.

Contra action- adverse reaction- immediately remove product with cool water and apply cool compress if needed. record on client card and refer to GP if necessary.Give stringent aftercare advice.

Hope that helps xx

thanks so much geeks for the swift reply . thats a great help. its hard to know exactly what to put as the essential knowledge is home learn based and im not getting a lot of help from my training centre with my portfolio . as i have to put it together myself . just didnt want to put wrong ansers then have the portfolio given back to me to do again . thanks u very much for ur help!!!

Latest posts

Back