Essential mobile equipment when starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink_Princess

Reaction score
im just starting out working for myself mobile and will soon be doing one day in a salon as well. I haven't got a huge amount of money to buy every piece of equipment i would like to. I do nails, reflexology, a few other holistic treatments and will be soon doing tanning,lashes and facial.

would you invest in a bed or a manicure table as a mobile therapist? Eventually i will have both but i don't know which would be best to invest in first? Help anyone?!
x

I personally wouldn't offer nails if I didnt have my own table. Many people do, but im so scared of ruining someones table... Let alone insurance claims.

Now my table, is not a manicure table. It is a fold up table, the right size for all my stuff, & much lighter than a manicure table! Think it was marketed as a bbq table, & cost around £20, I use a towel to cover & couch roll. At that price its hardly worth not having one :)

Also take a look at ebay for beds, on another thread today a geek has recommended one. It was approx £60.

Mine was 2nd hand from a geek & its fab! As they are always covered not a mark on it ;)

Xx

When I did my manicure course we were working on a bed and it was quite comfy, if you can really only afford one or the other for now why not get the bed and use it to manicure on. You can't lay someone on a manicure table ;-)

When I did my manicure course we were working on a bed and it was quite comfy, if you can really only afford one or the other for now why not get the bed and use it to manicure on. You can't lay someone on a manicure table ;-)

Only problem I see with this is using clients chairs at least with my bed, it is quite high. Xx

I did think of this but didn't know if I'd look unprofessional using a bed and not a table. I had been using a lightweight fold out table but its quite small and I have a Lafuma recliner chair which I was using for reflexology but some of the less mobile clients struggle with it so wanted a couch. Are mobile manicure tables really heavy then? I had seen some on eBay for £60 that have a carry case. Iv seen the couch as well for £60 but its really got to be one or other right now. X

I did think of this but didn't know if I'd look unprofessional using a bed and not a table. I had been using a lightweight fold out table but its quite small and I have a Lafuma recliner chair which I was using for reflexology but some of the less mobile clients struggle with it so wanted a couch. Are mobile manicure tables really heavy then? I had seen some on eBay for £60 that have a carry case. Iv seen the couch as well for £60 but its really got to be one or other right now. X

The tables are a little heavy, the one I have has got a carry bag and its quite hard not to bash it into walls and stuff when carrying it on the shoulder strap. I have no idea how heavy the beds are tho.

Yes, esp compared to my table! but so are the 'portable' beds! Xx

Latest posts

Back