Essential Nails at Home Learning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie2007

Reaction score
Hi me again, would you recommend this as a good training system or would I be better to attend a college/private course?

Personally I don't think a dvd and a nail trainer are enough to teach you about the different challenges that you will face as a Nail Tech. I recommend private training with a well-known and respected brand - I went with Creative and have never regretted a minute..... There are geeks who have started with EN but most of them went on to do face to face training as well whihc seems a bit of a waste of money to me.....

hth's

I know a lot of geeks started out with the Essential nails home learn......but a high percentage of them went on to hands on training in a clasroom before they felt in anyway confident to take money for their nail enhancement services.

You cannot beat hands on training in a classroom with a reputable training company. IMHO

I see Vetty agrees....and just beat me to it :lol:

I have started the EN acrylic course becuase I was not sure that nails was something I was going to be able to do, I have had the usual tipping problems that others have had on the trainer hand - but for me it has been quite good way to start to learn, and have discovered that I love it - the problem is that it is not possible to learn how to prep the nail correctly as this is not really covered, and it was only when I read one of the tutorials on this site that I found I was holding the brush at the wrong angle and was making it hard for myself, so I checked out all the training threads on this site, had a re-think and have today booked onto the Creative Foundation Course and start in 2 weeks -I am really excited ...

You will find that most people that have done the essential home course have either given up because they couldn't afford any more training or have gone on to private training at a reputable company,
i trained with creative and would recommend it to all

hi yes i would go to college or a beauty training school ,i trained with nsi at college and without that i couldnt have done it as on the nail trainer and from a dvd i would be phoning all the time,when ur at a training school or college theres alway a tutor on hand if ur stuck ,i just use my trainer hand for new products or if im trying something different before i do it on a client saying its the wee things i tend to forget or get :irked: about :rolleyes:, but i just get advice from some of my fellow geeks&geekettes :Grope:

hi there i have just started the gel course and im totally lovin it i know i have a long way to go and that ill need to have some kind of classroom trainin at some point howeva with the children bein at home at the moment it was the way for me to get started and see if i would enjoy it!!!
good luck in woteva you decide to do xxx

Latest posts

Back