Essential Nails Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Hello Geeks....has anybody done any of the essential nails courses? I wondered how long it took you to complete a course with how much practice etc, and did you find it was enough to qualify you as a nail technician? I have recently started the acrylics but am finding it much harder than i thought to apply acrylic...beginning to wish I had done gels now :irked: although I plan on doing hels after anyway.

I have started it - but I am now half way through doing the Creative Foundation course as I want to learn pinks and whites, which is not covered. I found the nail prep part is hard to learn properly,(unless I am just thick), as when I came to do a human hand I was a bit stuck with how to do the prep thoroughly and safely!

I have got on so much better in classroom learning , I have discovered that I learn best from others and from having someone checking what I am doing and correcting me as I go along..but that is just me..

Good luck with the course, you have done better than me, I struggled just to get the tips on and blend them!!

well im not too great with blending either! lol I have never been able to find any courses that are classroom based apart from courses that cost the earth and only last a few days...courses at colleges only seem to be for basic manicures/pedicures and salon work but hardly cover nail extensions if at all it seems.

I am in the middle of doing the EN gel course and wishing i had went for the acrylic! The gel is also difficult to apply but I am struggling most with applying the tips. There is loads of advice on here if you do a search for essential nails.

ok thanx i will have a look...im new to this site...but so far it seems great...I dont feel so alone anymore! lol i must admit i find it quite hard to apply the tips without getting bubbles underneath....im sure we will get there in the end! I feel like im never gonna be able to do it though !

ok thanx i will have a look...im new to this site...but so far it seems great...I dont feel so alone anymore! lol i must admit i find it quite hard to apply the tips without getting bubbles underneath....im sure we will get there in the end! I feel like im never gonna be able to do it though !

I quite often feel like that too but there are a loads of people on here that will support you and offer loads of advice so you will get there!

Hi,

I have just completed the Essential Nails acrylics course and am ready to send it off for assessment (fingers crossed!) I bought the course in August, started it, then left it, then went back to it, so it's taken me around 7 weeks to complete it.

I found it more difficult at first than I thought it would be...and yes, I did have problems with sticking the tips on the Number 13 nail too - it's because that nail is so flat, but the tips are rounded...I have started using the largest tip on the number 13 nail and cutting it down and it seems to stick better! Although, you can also submit the number 6 nails on the assessment card so I might do that when I come to do my gel course!!!

Good luck - don't give up, just keep practising!

thankyou and good luck with your assessment! let me know how you do! 7 weeks....wow thats quick you must have really got on with it...ive been messing about a bit grabbing the odd day here and there!

i did the EN course in acrylic. it took me about 4 weeks but i wanted to get it over and done with. i passed and i honestly didnt think i would because i did find it really difficult to start off with but stick with it! out of it all i have just managed to rent space in a hairdressers! woo hoo!
good luck!:smack:

i must admit i find it quite hard to apply the tips without getting bubbles underneath
When applying tips you need to ensure that the free edge is shaped to the same (or similar) shape the the well of the tip, make sure you apply enough resin/adhesive. When you apply the tip do so at a 45 degree angle, wait until you hear/feel the click and then press the tip down, hold the tip in place for at least 10-15 seconds if using a nail trainer and then carry on to the next nail.
Applying tips to a nail trainer is much harder than doing so to a 'real 'client as you have the body heat to help the adhesive set.

hth's

Just a quick update on my previous post...

I received a call from Essential Nails today to say that I have PASSED my acrylics course...! 80% with a distinction!!! I am really pleased (if not a little shocked!) :eek:

Good luck to everyone else who is doing the course, and like I have said before - keep practising and don't let those number 13 nails get the better of you...sheer determination certainly paid off for me!

Now onto the gel course....! ;)

Michelle x

Just a quick update on my previous post...

I received a call from Essential Nails today to say that I have PASSED my acrylics course...! 80% with a distinction!!! I am really pleased (if not a little shocked!) :eek:

Good luck to everyone else who is doing the course, and like I have said before - keep practising and don't let those number 13 nails get the better of you...sheer determination certainly paid off for me!

Now onto the gel course....! ;)

Michelle x

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done. xx

I have just handed in my last assignment today. Dont know how long it will take to see if i have passed, but hopefully soon. But well done to you. I bet your well chuffed. All the best for the future, xxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done. xx

I have just handed in my last assignment today. Dont know how long it will take to see if i have passed, but hopefully soon. But well done to you. I bet your well chuffed. All the best for the future, xxx

Thanks, Caroline! :)

I only sent my work off a few days ago so you may get your results sooner than you think!

Best of luck...I have my fingers crossed for you!

Michelle x

Hello Geeks....has anybody done any of the essential nails courses? I wondered how long it took you to complete a course with how much practice etc, and did you find it was enough to qualify you as a nail technician? I have recently started the acrylics but am finding it much harder than i thought to apply acrylic...beginning to wish I had done gels now :irked: although I plan on doing hels after anyway.
The technique is completely different between L+P and gel, there are many L+P techs who find it harder to use gel and vice versa. Many newbie techs make the mistake that gels are easy, it's not as easy as it looks.

Congratulations Michelle :D

Latest posts

Back