Essential Nails home course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky071

Reaction score
Hiya Im new so Im not sure if Im doing this right :eek:

I have no experience i nail tech and work full time so I havent got a chance to go to col or take part in any evening or part time courses.

Ive noticed that Essential Nails do home pack courses that you can do in your own time, I wondered if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with these?

Ive sent away for the details and they seem pretty good. The course I would like to do would be the Nail Tech 1 Gel Nails as it said it is for unexperienced beginers (meee) lol :lol: I wouldnt like to work in a salon personally at the moment but wouldnt mind going mobile. Would this be enough do you think with a lot of practice on family etc. the site said tht once you get you certs off them you can get insurance no problem but just wanted to make sure before I paid all that money?

Any info at all would be a great help as I dont no were to start looking!!!

Thanks
Becky xxx

Hiya Im new so Im not sure if Im doing this right :eek:

I have no experience i nail tech and work full time so I havent got a chance to go to col or take part in any evening or part time courses.

Ive noticed that Essential Nails do home pack courses that you can do in your own time, I wondered if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with these?

Ive sent away for the details and they seem pretty good. The course I would like to do would be the Nail Tech 1 Gel Nails as it said it is for unexperienced beginers (meee) lol :lol: I wouldnt like to work in a salon personally at the moment but wouldnt mind going mobile. Would this be enough do you think with a lot of practice on family etc. the site said tht once you get you certs off them you can get insurance no problem but just wanted to make sure before I paid all that money?

Any info at all would be a great help as I dont no were to start looking!!!

Thanks
Becky xxx

Becky it;s a big world out there isn't it when it comes to our industry and we do get asked this question a lot. Read The Geek Commandments as that will help you with your posting techniques and use the search button. Put in Essential Nails or Training and read the many excellent threads that we have already shared as these will really help you.

and... welcome to the site!! :!:

Becky it;s a big world out there isn't it when it comes to our industry and we do get asked this question a lot. Read The Geek Commandments as that will help you with your posting techniques and use the search button. Put in Essential Nails or Training and read the many excellent threads that we have already shared as these will really help you.

and... welcome to the site!! :!:

Slight digression here folks BUT I have had a fab night searching posts - I wanted to help with links but got totally caught up with other interesting posts/threads :green:

for example - who was lucky star? I had put into the search no 13 nail (essential nails) and a question was asked about lucky star :hug:

Not got around to posting much on new posts but I love the search option :hug:

WELCOME TO THE SITE BTW :hug::hug: I wish you well xxx

I got the essential home study course about 7 years ago from essential nails, it didnt really help me because i prefer the hands on teaching method, and i got frustrated when things were going wrong and there was no one there to help, it did however make me sure thet nails is what i want to do, so some good did arise from this! Im now (a few years on i kmow) taking a VTCT! The trainer also is coming in handy for my current course.

As for being able to get insurance or so fourth i didn't finish the course and send in my work so im not sure about this!

Hope this helps a little

:hug:xxxx

Hi,

I'm new too :) I started the EN course this weekend! I'm really liking it. I'm using this as a stepping stone and to learn the basics and then hopefully go on to do a course at college when my twins start school full time (in April). I've been doing my own nails for about two years (fibreglass). I learnt from a friend. I'm doing the EN acrylic course. The trouble I am having is that I'm left handed and all the demonstrations are right handed. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. I just need to practice, practice, practice :)

Best of luck!

Karen

Thank you all for your nice welcomes and posts! I think I'll spend today figuring out how to use this site lol!

Thanks again
Becky x

hi there i started the EN gel course in oct but after reading up on this site about it decided that it wasnt the best option for me as i now know alot of companys dont reconize it as a qualification however it has really helped me with file contol and nail prep etc so it was a very good starting point as i cant yet afford the course i want to do! im still using the course info to practice blending and everything so that when i do my course i will have had a lot of practice and hopefully (fingers crossed) will pass first time!!!
good luck and welcome to the site xxxx:hug:

I have done the gel, acrylic sculpting, maintenance and airbrushing! I found that they gave me a good sound basis of knowledge and understanding but after completed these I went to college to do VTCT in mani's and pedi's because I wanted to be creative trained and EN are not recognised and alot of places require a mani/pedi cert before letting you do nail technology!
I have just finished my VTCT in nail technology using creative products and must say that by doing the EN courses I found that I knew many things already so didnt feel as daunted as everyone else on my course!
In my personal opinion I didnt feel good enough after doing the EN courses to go out and charge people and thats why I continued training, and now i do feel alot better about my skills! (and I plan to do alot more courses too, I just love learning new things!!)
HTH

Last edited:
i done the en acrylic course gel course and air brush course id haft to say i loved them all i found it was a grate way of prep i also done live clients like friends and family aswell but i also dont a refresher course at my local college which helped alot because i had all the techniques just wanting to no if i was doing it write the college tutor said i was doing realy realy well, but then again its not for everyone when i done the course i set my seft a time limit and a time i would do the course 3 times a week i felt if i dident stick to a routine i wouldent do as well and the things i lerned wouldent stay,
but i still loved it anyway lol

I'm not in your area (I'm in AUS).

Essential Nails (judging by what I have seen on posts in here) seems to be a stepping stone.

It doesn't seem to be very well respected within the industry and the qualifications are not recognised by some of the more discerning wholesalers.

Many Essential Nail girls seem to have needed more training after the course to feel truly satisfied. And they all seem to move on to a better product.

The frustration level of a training course which really does need a hands on tutor (pardon the pun) must be insurmountable. When you need to ask a question, you really want it answered then and there, not via email after the moment has passed.

I understand the convenience factor of a course like this .... BUT (there are so many). You will have heaps of questions, wouldn't you like these answered in person and demonstrated in front of you?

The robo-hand will come in handy for practice though.

My comments are based on observations of the many posts and are not biased in any way.

im doing the EN course........it does get a lot of stick on here just because its all home based but I would say it has its good points and bad points just as many of the other coursedo that are done in such a short space of time............as someone that is currently doing the course i would say that as a course its alright but involves a lot of hardwork time and dedication.......(as does any course in this industry) but as you have no teacher there then sometimes it can be more difficult and frustrating when you hit a problem. I am glad I have got my course as for one thing it was the only option for me really because of the fact you can pay for it monthly rather than having to find a large amount of money all in one go....i didnt have all the money in one go so relly that was my only option for now....I am however saving up as i plan to go on a creative course once i have compleed my essential course...and i am looking forward to being able to have a 'real life' teacher ! lol I think you will struggle to find a nail tech that has only ever done one course...what ever you decided..dont think that you pay for any course ( be it home based or classroom based) and then thats it.your qualified....because it doesnt really work like that.....the more training and experience you get the better you will become........you should do whatever suits you and your life right now x

Just to add to nailzoos comment.....i agree with what you say...i often crave a tutor there and then although you can call anytime and speak to somebody instantly...but yes it ca be frustrating.......i have learnt alot over the past few months...from my course and from this site and also a lot of reading....i think EN is a good stepping stone...i think it can prepare you well for a classroom based course......i think that once i do do a classroom based course i will get more benefit from it because i have done this course (if you know what i mean!)

hi im doing the en home course i think it's great really informative .. but i am a beauty therapist already so know all about nails i also do acrylics so im clued up any way i think if you had no knowledge at all about nails someone would find it a lenghthy learning process! as for me im loving it :)

I Am Doing A City And Guilds In Manicure And Pedicure , But Also Doing The En Course A Along Side, I Have Just Finish The Acrylic And Maintenace Course And Waitng For Results. I Have Really Enjoyed These Courses ( May Be Different If I Don't Pass)but I Found Sarah Very Helpful, Only Problem Was The 13 Nail But I Got On With It. Doing Gel Next. Let You Know How I Got On.:)

I havent done the EN course so I'm not qualified to comment on whether its any good or not, but I just wanted to say this: Before you commit to this course, think carefully. If you decide to do a conversion course at a later date (as many do), most brands dont accpet home learning qualifications as sufficient criteria to get on the conversion course, and so you would have to do the Foundation course.

I would recommend that you think about what you plan to do in the future and make sure the EN course wont be a waste of money in the long run

Take care:hug:

Just to also add - you may find that insurance companies will not cover you for a home learning course and it is not very wise to carry out treatments on the public without sufficient insurance.

Latest posts

Back