Essential nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulin11

Reaction score
Hi all

Is anyone training with essential nails gel enhancement, would like to know how you are doing? I thought I was doing really well until I did my sisters nails today. oMG - took me over 2 hours, been doing just over an hour on training hand, can not understand what I'm doin different that takes me so much time, not sure if I'm being too oTT with prep. Nails looked really nice did some nail art but took way too long. Anyone else in experiencing same. I am working my but off, feel like nails have took over my life, I can not switch off if not on my nail trainer I'm researching, think I need to get out more lol :Scared:

just over 2hrs if fine if you are training. Dont forget you have a lot more work to do on real nails than on the trainer hand. Much more prep as the trainer doesnt have real cuticle to deal with etc. Dont worry about it, sounds like you're doing well. If you do a full set in an hour as a trainee then you are skipping something so you dont need to worry.

hi thats fantastic i always take between 1.5 and 2 hours for any set i did my first ever course with en x

Thanks for taking time to respond and feedback, it's good to hear I'm on right track and probably too critical. However, I don't think the dream gel they supply is a very good quality it is really thick and not easy to work, when I have watched video's of other products (NSI) this seems to be a lot runnier? Would you recommend I try other products?

Pauline

SOS I meant to say not really good quality!

Don't forget that you have two hands in real life, so if you are taking about an hour with the nail trainer for one hand, then two hands would take you two hours!! Don't worry about time at the moment just worry about doing good nails, time will come. It takes me about the same if not longer but I am such a perfectionist!!

HI

I too started off my nail career with EN and i loved it :O).. dont worry about your timings first of all there are no prizes for rushing it. Make sure you are confident in all your steps and the times will follow, dont cut corners..

It took me 3 hours to do my first client, (lucky it was my sister lol) once you have completed a few sets your timings will follow and before you know it your down to a suitable time. :O)...

I now still give 2 hours on a client as i am mobile, i have consult, some setting up , the actual nails and then putting away and leave enough time for nail art or polish.. my actual sets now take me around an hour and half. most of my "nail time" is prep lol ..

all the best

Sarah x

Hi Sarah, this is great to know i feel alot better now, thanx. I was wondering what customers would think if I took longer than 1 hour.

Latest posts

Back