Essential Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozpot

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Can you help me out here....just been looking for information on Essential Nails and the site I looked at appeared to only offer home learning....is this correct and the same Essential Nails that I see you guys chatting about????
http://www.essentialnails.com/
Sorry if I am being v v dim
Cheers
Lorraine

Can I also ask, if this is indeed the very same - is this a good way of learning? what is this course like (Arylic in particular)......
Thanks again
Lorraine :D

Ozpot said:
Hi Everyone
Can you help me out here....just been looking for information on Essential Nails and the site I looked at appeared to only offer home learning....is this correct and the same Essential Nails that I see you guys chatting about????
http://www.essentialnails.com/
Sorry if I am being v v dim
Cheers
Lorraine

Yes that's the one - they are home learn courses. There loads of info on here on other courses if you don't want home learn.

ahhh I see, is this a good course to do? could work well for me being a stay at home mum at the moment, getting out to training courses is hard. I have just booked some more time with LCN but I am struggling with help with baby, paying for it etc.....
Lorraine :|

Ozpot said:
Can I also ask, if this is indeed the very same - is this a good way of learning? what is this course like (Arylic in particular)......
Thanks again
Lorraine :D

I think it's down to you really and your circumstances. It seems to be the most popular home learn course and lots of peeps on have succeeded doing it.
Personally, I chose to learn in a classroom environment.... i.e I need to be physically shown how to do something.
There lts of geeks here who have done it though and i'm sure can advise you.

i did it and thought it was fab!!!

Sorry Lorraine - I didn't realise you were already an LCN Nail Technician just read your profile :o

hey no worries suzie! i did my training in 2003 and was doing nails for 2 years part time for friends and family but not done them for a year now as got preggy, found it too tiring with full time job and growing bump! my bump is now a 6 month old little bundle of girly cuteness!
i want to start up again so have re-vived my kit and looking at doing an acrylic course to raise my game, however getting out of the house and paying for courses when on extended maternity leave is tough.....
Lorraine

Nikki - what is the course like? how do you get assesed on it so you know you have passed or failed????
I have done and are doing gel nails so will this put me in good sted for this course?
Thanks for any advice
Lorraine :biggrin:

sorry only just seen your question lol
right first, i thought the course was great!!!

you get assessed on it by sending in completed nails off the nail trainer that you get in the kit, all your progress is assessed , question papers and finished nails etc, you send the completed required nails in on progress cards and they assess you , and you pass ,fail ,or get a credit or a distinction, ( i got a distinction) lol i always add that and why not im proud of it!!!

the only thing i would say is, i noticed a couple of geeks mention this earlier on this week, is that they saved their first ever nails on the progress card and sent them in, i did this too.
as its worded badly, i thought theyd want to see how you did everything, but actually keep on at it and send in your best nails !!!
they call you up and let you know how you are doing, they are lovely ppl there, i still keep in contact with them
and yes because youve done gel already i think you will have an advantage over someone hod never seen an artificial nail before ( like me)
good luck and pm me if you need any more info

Latest posts

Back