Essential Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New girl Laura

Reaction score
Hi eveyone I need your help and advice!

Thinking of purchasing a course from essentialnails.com, does anyone recommend or not recommend the course?

Also do you think starting of as a beginner who wishes to be mobile nail technician, it is better to, purchase the fiberglass nail course or the acrylic nail course?

What seems to be the most popular with cilents?

Thanks folks just in a real dilimea with what course to do and one that is worth while so I'm not wasting my cash.

Laura :lol:

There are lots of threads on essential nails if you type it in then search, i looked through them all as i was thinking about it. I have not done one, but have watched the training dvds,they look good.I did my training with creative and a glad i had someone to see what i was doing and guide me in the right direction, i think i would have been frustrated going it alone.:)

2 words

1. REALITY
2. VIDEO

what method deserves respect?

How would you feel knowing your apparent "professional" technician was taught by video?

Have to agree with nail zoo, the vids are very good if you are already a tech, you can learn a lot from them but for those first steps you need a teacher standing next to you to help, guide and correct you as you work.
Also I think you will find it difficult to get insurance with a essential nails certificate.

Hello there

I was thinking about purchasing a nail course from the exact company aswell UNTIL I read up on some of the advice of fellow geeks on this site.
I have to say that having thought about it I agree, i think that home study learning would be fine if you already new lots about the subject. If like myself you know nothing about nail enhancements:irked: then having a tutor there next to you is the only way to go.:)
xxxxxgood luck with whatever way you goxxxxxxx
:hug:

Hi,

I've done the Essential Nails Gel Course. Although the course does teach some good tecniques it is not as beneficial as being in a classroom environment with an educator there to tell you exactly where you are going wrong.

If I was going to do it all over again I would definately have been more patient and waited until I could afford the time and money for a proper foundation course with one of the more popular nail companies.

Good Luck with whichever route you decide to take! x

Hi everyone thanks for the replies but I think I will hold off and try and get on the foundation course with Creative nails. Although when I phoned the other day to ask about the course, they said they were having some problems and to call back. Anyone know if everything is ok with creative nail academy?

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and not exactly sure if Im navigating correctly but anyhow! I just wanted to let you know that I have recently started the Essential Nails Gel course and so far so good. One thing I think you should be aware of is that it does say in the book that if you are a beginner gels is the easiest to do. It also says that fiberglass and acrylics are not as popular in europe for quiet a few reasons, there are ingrediants in one of them which is under review by the EU as to weather they are safe to use and also that there is a very strong smell off some of the products used! From personal experience gel's seem to be more popular, fiberglass really hasnt taken off in Ireland yet and by the time it does so much will have changed in the products etc that you may need to be retrained! :rolleyes:

I have to say I am working with a classroom taught tech and her biggest problem was its so hard to get models and not enough classroom time. With a video you can watch it over and over again until you are happy with what you have done

Hi,

Ive just started my essentail nails gel course and i think its ok yes there are problems but you get that any where i wouldnt complety throw the idea away as i think you will find quite a few of us on here who are doing one or has done one with no problems!!

Yes a video cant teach you everything but for some of us home learn is our only option!!!

Hi everyone thanks for the replies but I think I will hold off and try and get on the foundation course with Creative nails. Although when I phoned the other day to ask about the course, they said they were having some problems and to call back. Anyone know if everything is ok with creative nail academy?

Everything is more than ok with creative nail academy, they probably had a problem with the computer system and would not have been able to upload your details,
give them another call on monday hun, this will be the best training that money can buy,
with a creative qualification you will have 10 times more chance of finding employment should you ever need to,
no salon will employ you with an essential nails qualification,
and you will learn lots more much quicker with creative too hth :hug:

I am doing essential nails courses and i think their great, but i don't think you can go straight into them as a newbie to nails and expect to be a fully qualified nail tech at the end of the course. There is so much more to learn and i think this should start off with a manicure and pedicure course teaching you all the basic's , health and safty,anatomy, nail and skin diseases , contra-indications etc, etc. Carole xxx

It also says that fiberglass and acrylics are not as popular in europe for quiet a few reasons, there are ingrediants in one of them which is under review by the EU as to weather they are safe to use and also that there is a very strong smell off some of the products used!
Hi and welcome to the site :D

When using liquid and powder you do get odour from the monomer but if you're working 'smart' then it shouldn't be excessive. I disagree that they're unpopular in Europe, liquid and powder seems to be the most popular system here in Spain (at least in Valencia) closely followed by UV gel.

Which ingredients (of which product line) is under review by the EU?

2 words

1. REALITY
2. VIDEO

How would you feel knowing your apparent "professional" technician was taught by video?

Sorry but ive been reading this thread with interest as im doing an essentails nails course at the moment and i must say i find this comment most annoying and rude!!

So tell me you are basically saying that anyone who takes the home learn course and passes derserves no respect???

2 words

1. REALITY
2. VIDEO

i was taught by video, carl!
and i class myself as professional and, im not doing too badly!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember what it was but I will check it up again and let you know! Personally I think acrylics look nicer than gels but here in the West of Ireland we are very behind and they just havnt taken off yet

Everything is more than ok with creative nail academy, they probably had a problem with the computer system and would not have been able to upload your details,
give them another call on monday hun, this will be the best training that money can buy,
with a creative qualification you will have 10 times more chance of finding employment should you ever need to,
no salon will employ you with an essential nails qualification,
and you will learn lots more much quicker with creative too hth :hug:

I have to disagree with you on the point of getting employment with a ES qualification, I know of at least one salon in my area where 2 of the girls are doing there training with ES.

And as a lot of you have so rightly said it is very hard doing it by video, without having someone telling where we go wrong, its all trial and error on our part, and also more commitment we could just put it all back in the box and give up, especially with the dreaded number 13, but we dont we persevere.

And for those of us that do and hopefully eventually pass I say a massive WELL DONE we deserve it

Sorry but ive been reading this thread with interest as im doing an essentails nails course at the moment and i must say i find this comment most annoying and rude!!

So tell me you are basically saying that anyone who takes the home learn course and passes derserves no respect???
What he's saying is that out of the two ways of learning, the classroom (reality) way deserves more respect, not the people who decide to do a home learning course.

There really isn't a better way of learning (IMO) than having your tutor sat by your side, guiding you, helping you and advising you every step of the way in 'real time', however, horses for courses and each to their own :green:

What he's saying is that out of the two ways of learning, the classroom (reality) way deserves more respect, not the people who decide to do a home learning course.

There really isn't a better way of learning (IMO) than having your tutor sat by your side, guiding you, helping you and advising you every step of the way in 'real time', however, horses for courses and each to their own :green:

Exactly (the trouble the home learners get themselves into, is evident by thier post in here).

I once said that home learning would be a good stepping stone into nails ...... and it is, a basic stepping stone

.... and "lotus", you have also done more training to regard yourself as professional (not home learn based), so there's my point, you used your stepping stone, then advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back