Essential oils in a steamer any recomendations plz?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,im new to the facial side of things so bear with me.When i was at college last week my teacher said that you can put oils in the steamer whilst steaming.We will be going into it a bit more later in the coarse but i like to get all my things i need to practice at home ready.Iv got a steamer coming hopefully for the weekend along with my other bits im excited better than xmas:)
Anyway what oils would you recomend i buy and where from,iv also got a aromastone aswell coming so what would you advice i use in that aswell please.

Thanks for reading my post x

hi Zena,

perhaps wait until the tutor goes into it in more detail, but I am surprised that she has suggested that you do this unless you are undertaking an aromatherapy module as part of your course.

lemon is good for oily skin and is uplifting
patchouli and sandalwood is good for dry skin and is relaxing
palma rosa and geranium is for problem skin/hormonal and is balancing
chamomoile for normal skin

try www.essentiallyoils.com
for essential oils at cost price and an aromastone

I dont think we are taking the full aromatherpy part i think she was meaning as an extra for a nice smell for the aroma i think,i know we are not using them for massage side of things i think she was meaning for the aroma like makeing the salon room as aroma if you get me.Thanks anyway for the reply i am looking at some courses at the moment for aromatherapy so any info would be good.
Thanks

You can, but make sure it says you can in the instructions for the steamer or you will clog it up.I have a little basket near the nozzle of my steamer that i put a bit of cotton wool with a few drops of usually lavender or eucalyptus.
You really need only a couple of drops though or your clients will be coughing and spluttering.

Gill is right x
The steamers that you can use with essential oils have a little silver tube where the steam comes out for you to place a piece of cotton wool (i use the little cotton pads from my smile gem kit as they fit a treat)
you can't put essential oils directly into a steamer as they bubble up and stop the steamer working (till u empty it ) :lol:
And yes i did try!!!!!
I got my aroma steamers from salonserve and they are fantastic plus the cheepest ive seen on the market x x x

Aromatherapy is a wonderful tool. Have you ever thought of using herbal tea infusions? As long as they are strained of any tea particles and you use distilled water to brew the tea, you should have the aromatherapy along with the physical properties of the herb to use in your facial treatment without clogging up your steamer. A word to the wise..... do your homework on the herbs you use. For example: if you have a client that has hayfever you cannot use chamomile. It is in the ragweed family.

Thanks guys for the replys very usefull.Iv got my steamer from salon serve and yes it has got a silver tube near the end so i gather that swhat you put ya cotton pad with the oils on? any tips on which ones to use {oils} something relaxing maybe please?,yes im going on an aromatherapy course but can i use some oils as noe or shoulndt i be doing it do you think.Im not massaging in oils just want the aroma.Thanks

Latest posts

Back