Essie Nail Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
The Essie Nail Polishes I use seem to take ages to dry,
I am using to dry for and not applying either too thick,
anyone got any ideas what, if anything I may be doing wrong?
Cheers

I use Essie with two thin coats of colour, but finish off with their Good to Go top coat and Quick-E quick dry drops ... haven't had any problems so far (apart from when clients are in a hurry to leave, without waiting at least 10 minutes :irked:)

Make sure you're not applying the polish too quickly, iykwim, allowing a few minutes of drying time between each layer.

HTHs.

Thanks Karen

I will get those items and watch how much I put on, it is a vthin polish maybe a bit too thin! anyway I will try that.

Its annoying when clients want to get out and then ring up and say Ive smudged my polish or they come back in!!

have you tried seche vite, i only own one bottle of essie nail polish and it in black. you have to give at least 3 coats. as the polish is very thin, but after i used the polish i put seche vite top coat on and i can honestly say what a lovely polish it was like glass. but as you mentioned it does take longer to dry. thg:cry:

My advice is this.....

I use essie's ridge filling basecoat, and allow to dry - no time at all

Two coats of colour (I can honestly say I have never had a coverage problem with Essie polishes, I think they are fantastic) - Allowing a minute or two in between..

Then finish off with Essie's 'Good to Go' topcoat - I have never used a topcoat that tops that one! It's brill.

Finish off with cuticle oil, and within 5 mins they can usually stand a coat being put on and the client leaving! After 3-5 mins I pop a drop of oil on my finger, and wipe the cuticle oil down over the nail.

I find this works a treat! Good luck! :green:

Maybe try a drying aid if you are happy with the colour and performance of your essie products.

Creative have the Solar Speed Spray to help with drying which I love, and I know Jessica have the quick dry drops that i've always liked (best part of their range I think).

Not sure if Essie have something similar but if not there would be no harm in you trying a Creative or other companies one just to see if you find a difference.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back