Essie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im thinking about changing from Creative to Essie and would like to know your thoughts, for those of you that use Essie why did you choose it ?

Do they have a good selection of mani/pedi products ? I have never tried any of the products before or even the polish.

I here they are very good products and think they have won awards.

Dont make a rash decision Juliette...IYKWIM:!:

And there was me converting from OPI to creative:lol:

Why do you want to change?

i use essie polishes for french and the colours are gorgeous. I do find that the white goes thick though. Nice polish range though.

I love Essie enamels and use a few Seche products too. Their Smoothies range of hand/body lotions smell good enough to eat and the Good to Go quickest drying top coat is amazingly fast.

Why do you want to change?

Oooh lots of reasons ;)

I am just having problems with stock mainly and have been waiting for a polish rack for months so mainly want to change polishs just for the moment.

I liked the look of essie and they have some really nice promotional stands, colours etc.

Think I will order some colours to try before I make a decision.

Thanks for your comments :hug:

I have received a few samples of Essie from a local dist and bought 2 more.

Now, i don't know if the formula changes country to country because of chemical laws or whatever....

But the bottles I received.. I'm NOT happy in the least.

The colours are thin, runny.. I don't get good coverage, not even after 2 coats..
The black is NOT black. It's dark grey (and should be named thus!).
I didn't like the natural white I purchased.. getting coverage again was an issue.

I don't know what their other products are like.
But I definately do NOT like the polishes that I tried (5 different colours to be exact).

I recently tried Creative Voodoo and I'm IN LOVE:!::!:
The colour was exactly as the label implied. It went on easy. Good coverage even with one coat, FANTASTIC with 2.
When my current collection runs 'low'.. I'm DEFINATELY thinking on switching as far as my polishes go.

hth's

I have received a few samples of Essie from a local dist and bought 2 more.

Now, i don't know if the formula changes country to country because of chemical laws or whatever....

But the bottles I received.. I'm NOT happy in the least.

The colours are thin, runny.. I don't get good coverage, not even after 2 coats..
The black is NOT black. It's dark grey (and should be named thus!).
I didn't like the natural white I purchased.. getting coverage again was an issue.

I don't know what their other products are like.
But I definately do NOT like the polishes that I tried (5 different colours to be exact).

I recently tried Creative Voodoo and I'm IN LOVE:!::!:
The colour was exactly as the label implied. It went on easy. Good coverage even with one coat, FANTASTIC with 2.
When my current collection runs 'low'.. I'm DEFINATELY thinking on switching as far as my polishes go.

hth's

I must admit, I love essies Black polish! I love the colour, and my clients find it a nice alternative to 'jet black' - although I do find the colour certainly comes out 'black' rather than 'dark grey' after 2 coats?? But I do agree the polishes are very thin - personally I find this easier to work with myself. Especially the ease when doing a french polish - I like the fact that the white is also nice and thin.

Each to their own I suppose, but I for one use essie, and compared to other polishes I have tried I come back to it every time. Their base and top coats are just fab lovely colour range, and the smoothies are yummy!!!

Try a few polishes hun, and let us know what you think x

There's been a few threads on here before on the Essie polish debate and i have to admit to feeling v v disappointed in their polishes. I would love to use Essie, I think their brand is great, promos, colour range, gifts, smoothies, pedicure range etc are fabulous and the girls at Essie UK are lovely -so helpful.... but the polish!!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeek. Three coats and still the colour is not true.
Someone said that with Essie you have to leave the lid off an open bottle for an hour to let it thicken up - i tried that and its now too thick:irked:.

If they fixed their polish, I would definitely use them - until then, i cant justify it.

Here in the US their polishes, as well as OPI are best sellers - girls really go for the funky names - they love to talk about it.

I love the Essie french polishes and the seche top coats you cant go wrong with. Why not try a couple first as different collours are good for different companies you can hve the best of both worlds then.

Thanks peeps, great to hear different views :)

I am going to order a few from beauty express and see what they are like.

Is the brush nice to use ?

I have a lot of Essie polishes and have to say I love the colours but the way they go on uh uh....no way ,no more, not for me. I agree with Jax I use 3 coats and still not the coverage I need. Their not worth it in my opinion.

Im starting to feel like each brand has their few fussy colors. THe darker colors of Essies' are asbolutely amazing, IMO. They cover so well with 2 coats and the colors are smooth and shiny. I have used some that were awful though, just as I have with OPI and many other brands...

OPI is said to have one of the best patented brushes out there, but I have a few light colors of theirs that are so streaky and gloopy with awful coverage!!

I suppose to each his/her own! If you decide to buy a few to try, I recommend "wicked" and "ballet slippers"! They're also very popular colors.

Thanks again, :hug:

One more question (last one) Do Essie have a ridge fill basecoat and do the polishes still look good if it isn't used ?

Thanks again xx

The Essie and Seche ranges both have ridge filling base coats.

I personally have found Essie polishes to be long-lasting (both on the nail and even if not used regularly) and easy to apply.

As noodle said they do a fab ridge filling base coat - I love it - I'd also reccomend Seche!

Totally agree with the person that said each brand has its own fussy colours - I think this is very true. I love Essies darker polishes, I have 'Wicked' on my own nails as I type :green:

'Chocolate Kisses' and 'Soul Mate' are also fab darker colours!

I have found one particular colour a problem - and thats 'Tea and Crumpets' - Its pearlised and personally I find that doesnt go on too well. Apart from that, no probs ! x

Latest posts

Back