Established Salon Owners-Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styleteambeauty

Reaction score
Do you find it better to rent out chairs/booths or employ staff? TIA

My staff are self employed on a 50/50 split (you have to be careful as to what is classed as self employed but HMRC website very good) works well for us, we are all motivated to grow the business and all profit from that growth.Hope that helps x

My staff are self employed on a 50/50 split (you have to be careful as to what is classed as self employed but HMRC website very good) works well for us, we are all motivated to grow the business and all profit from that growth.Hope that helps x

Sorry to cut in I just wondered if this includes your products?

Thank you, also wondering if they use your products or own? X

I have a full time member of staff who is paid and I rent out other rooms as well. The rented rooms are let out to therapists who offer treatments that we don't. This gives me peace of mind of the rent coming in and allows me to concentrate on growing our side of the business.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't employ, I rent out the rooms and chairs.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have 3 salons with 2 full timers and 1 part-timer in each. I employ them and they get a basic hourly rate + excellent commission, with individual targets + salon targets to meet. They have all been with me for more than 6 years. They work hard, i pay them well and treat them fairly. They all earn berween 18-22k pro rata. I wouodnt entertain self employed personally x

Thanks for all your info x

Sorry for the late reply to previous posts, been a busy day :). My 50/50 split includes me providing the products and she uses my towels and facilities and my nail tech works on the same basis. This works well for us as we work as a team and promote each others services x

Latest posts

Back