Ethical response to unfair customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairgeek3

Reaction score
hi girls,

I am too exhausted and pissed off today. My work is mainly related to hair treatments. I had this client who contacted me for appointment for chemical straightening. She sent me photos of her hair also. I asked her few questions like if she had colored or done anything before. To which she replied that she had colored a year or more back. I asked her, if it was bleached and she said "don't think so... it was colored only".

Fast forward to today morning... this client came for service. I saw her hair and she had colored it dark brown one and half year back (as per her). I reconfirmed all details of coloring or bleaching and her answers were same like in phone chat. I told her price and started application. As soon as I started... I realized the clients had lied about bleaching. Because from the reaction of her hair... it was obvious her hair has been bleached. I Had to rush to wash her hair (half) and use extra product to calm her hair. I could not leave straightening in midway... and didn't know what to tell her. I had already spend 150$ worth of product in her hair. She then admit that she had blonde hair color 2-3 years back. But there was no bleaching (sighs).

I finished her process and off course after working for 7 hours, spent 150$ worth of product and paid the "rent" for the chair to salon owner. Result obviously was not good at all. I was so annoyed at her lying and not telling me all the details what she had done. She wants a "fixing" now... which can't be done. There is nothing me or anyone else could do to repair her hair. By the way, her hair from roots to mid(virgin and colored) part is good... it's only end (bleached part) which got rough and dry. I have no clue what to tell her....

It's first time in my career that I just simply want to tell her off. As it was by no means my fault st all. Even with the strand test.... I could not tell how much is the part which is bleached. I can't afford to give her refund either as it's totally unfair.

What do you guys suggest the right approach to this client? Am I right to refuse her a fixing or refund because it was not at all my fault.

Every now and agsin you get a client that is either totally fraudulent or totally wanting something for nothing or blames us when they tell untruths about their hair. Over a period of 15yrs we've had a couple of students whose card's have bounced after we've trained them all day then said they didnt like the method learnt so had no intention of paying. In a case like this just cut your losses apologise they are not happy keep pleasant and just walk away. Dont take the risk of untrue bad feedback which can be very damaging. Hope this helps. Connect-2-hair

Latest posts

Back