EU laws for hairdressers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAPirate

Reaction score
Lol, I read it in the mail, and while I'm not a hairdresser I can just imagine if they allow this to carry on, they will all be in scrubs and flat clogs like they wear in hospital op theatre rooms :)

As it's the Sun, it probably contains less than 1% fact and the rest is pulp fiction...lol

They'd do anything to get Jo Public to forget about the Tory's income tax reductions for their rich pals and the granny tax...

The only paper I buy these days is the Irish Independent on a Saturday. Far better written and much more entertaining.:lol:

What a complete pile of s..t ! And although I wanted to go more into why I thought that it would take too long as I'm just onto my 5th cut and blo, oops is that too many !!! Let me cancel now and put me clogs and sack dress on as I fear I'm going into melt down !

Even though it's an EU law it's still up to our Government to take it on and make it a UK law. I can't imagine it will be that easy to enforce as there are so many salons in the UK. Don't fret I think we will be wearing what we please for some time :)

I don't think it's a very fair ruling. Making sure you dry your hands and wear gloves so chemical and water doesn't cause problems is part of your healthy and safety. It's up to each person to do this themselves. And as for heels, if I know I've got a heavy day of hair I'll wear comfy shoes. That's common sense. I'm not going to hobble about on 6 in heels knowing I'm busy from 8am - 5pm.....
But if i want to wear heels I'd like it to still be my choice.
How would they enforce it with mobile hairdressers as well? Would someone come and follow you around all day?

Oh that's just silly! I remember a poster a while back asking about mixing hair and tattooing, she has quite a rocker look in her pic, I look like a high school musical character, there must be some on here with the innocent and sweet style etc.... This is our individuality!
We get clients who feel they can relate to, they see our styles and think of that person will get me, this won't happen if we're all robots.
Hell to it all, if this goes through I will start working in drag, and claim my business as a drag act that also does hair during shows meaning I can wear platform 10" heels and PVC skirts xoxo

And what about cutting in over-the-elbow rubber gloves???
And only doing 4 cuts a day???

Never heard such twaddle in my life!

The trouble is that the Health and Safety idiots will probably see no further than the ends of their noses and vote it in.

And at that point, I make my girls redundant and retire ...

What a load of rubbish.

I love being able to wear my own clothes and have my own style while I work - for too long I worked in soulless jobs where I had to wear the same uniform as everyone else with no room for even a funky hair colour!

As for diseases under rings...seriously? More diseases on clients heads than under my rings!

I read it this morning and could understand why its required in the EU.

I had a client recently that had gone on hoilday and paid €8 for full head highlights, cut & bdry. The pricing issue is most definatly required, some people get paid only €250 a month!!(thats if your a teacher).

Yeah the laws a bit stupid, but its in line with the poorer counties to give a equal measure across the board of health and safety issues/matters. Some countries have siesta's some dont, the EU is far too big now, but its trying to cover everyone, where its far to generalised. xoxo

If they limited how many cuts a person can do, well it's ok for me as most of our work is technical, but what about barbers? They are gonna have problems!

Load of twaddle if you ask me. Trying to deflect the real issues of the mismanagement of our economy and the huge numbers out of work.

If barbers are limited to 7 cuts a day, what are they gonna do for the remaining six and a half hours of their shift? Natter and starve?

What a load of rubbish.

I love being able to wear my own clothes and have my own style while I work - for too long I worked in soulless jobs where I had to wear the same uniform as everyone else with no room for even a funky hair colour!

As for diseases under rings...seriously? More diseases on clients heads than under my rings!

I know what you mean about the uniform. When I worked at primark at 16 I felt like a robot, and it really comes through in how you interact with clients and customers. I just used to shout next please over ad over, couldn't be bothered talking to them while scanning and would be quite rude if they were (one lady said "that's why men shouldn't work on tills" because I couldn't fold her dressing gown, I didn't take hangers off and wasn't going to undo the belt to fold it with about 50ppl in tenque, to which I replied "your paying £4 do you want it gift wrapped too love")

I know a tunic is a good idea, but I can't get nice ones, most men's salon wear is like a plain tshirt.
I prefer if it's uniform that the stylist chooses a plain top and the name printed/embroidered on so there's uniform but it's individual too, or a lanyard/name badge with the salon name/logo on it xoxo

I just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that tosh that I will never get back......

:grr:

Erm.....Agnes feckin bored now!! Lol

Latest posts

Back