'European' & 'American' gels..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I saw these terms used in some Star Nails literature, and wondered what they actually meant by the gels being American or European style.
Their 'European style' gel is a soak-off, does this mean that American style is buff-off, or have I got my wired crossed..?

On a plus side, I'm learning more and more every day!
I'm compiling my little 'Newbie Encyclopedia' with all the new terms and information I've been learning coming on the board - everything from what grit files to use for what to the different brand names etc etc.
I'm sure most of this will all be explained if and when my Man, Ped & Advanced Nail Techniques sails through the post but my little pink notebook is serving me well for now!
Lol x

Well theres no bimbo brain about you. What a brill idea! Will start my own newbie encyclopedia too. Good thinking!

I'm not familiar with Star products (I've heard of them, and seen them, but I've never used them, or seen any literature). And I definetly haven't heard anything about "American style" gels. Maybe it's just something the company came up with to differentiate their products. Here in America, we use all of the same systems as anywhere else, and we follow manufacturer's instructions. Or else I've been under some rock, and am completely clueless!! LOL! I Hope that helps you! Let me know when you find out what it means!

From what I understand, American Gels (e.g. BioSculpture) are soak-off, they feel softer and more flexible (you can 'bend' the nail if you pinch the tip). European gels (e.g. Star Nails GF21 gel) have a similar consistency to L&P when they have been cured, i.e. very hard and tough, no noticeable flexibility.

I was told about this differential by Star Nails when I did my training, but I've never heard anyone refer to it since, so not sure how much of an 'industry term' it is?

HTH x

Just wanted to add that there is a lot of American and Canadian brands that are not soakable (Akzentz, Amore, INT....from Canada, and also Star Nail is from USA and so is Creative Brisa, OPI and so on)

Most of the gels are "hard gels" described above...just few are soakable.
BTW Calgel and Biosculpture come from South Africa if I'm not mistaken...)

Anna from Toronto said:

Most of the gels are "hard gels" described above...just few are soakable.
BTW Calgel and Biosculpture come from South Africa if I'm not mistaken...)

HI

NOPE your not mistaken they certainly are. They started out as the same company too!

Latest posts

Back