Eve Taylor users - Colloidal Oatmeal Mask - HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So I need some help from any Eve Taylor users.

I did a facial on a girl today who had quite dry and very couperouse skin. I thought it would be a good idea to use the Colloidal Oatmeal mask on her. So I used all the soothing products beforehand, used Bio Cream exfoliant and then put the timeline serum on underneath the oatmeal mask. Steamed it for 15 mins, took it off, rubbed excess in and used soothing cream to finish.
When I turned thelights on at the end, her face was so red and blotchy! Did i do something wrong? Why did her skin have this reaction?
xxx

The only thing I can think of was the timeline serum,mask and steam was too much for her all at the same time.
Or maybe her skin just doesn't agree with the aroma therapy products that are in the creams. But I find them so gentle. How annoying for you hun. How was the client after? not too angry I hope xxx

I wouldn't have used steam on this lady at all and I would also have avoided water that is too hot or too cold.

I know that ET products are aromatherapy based and that thyme, rosemary, pine, lavender and juniper are all very good for couperose skin so I would imagine as a world leader in this area her products for that skin condition would contain some of these oils.

In terms of aftercare for your client I would be advising her to be protecting her skin from the sun with a good spf, avoid anything that may stimiluate capilary dilation further such as steam rooms, sauna, very hot baths, eating hot spicy food and of course sunbathing for her skin is a no no. I would also advise her against any products containing retin A.

Hope this helps tash.

Hi everyone,
So I need some help from any Eve Taylor users.

I did a facial on a girl today who had quite dry and very couperouse skin. I thought it would be a good idea to use the Colloidal Oatmeal mask on her. So I used all the soothing products beforehand, used Bio Cream exfoliant and then put the timeline serum on underneath the oatmeal mask. Steamed it for 15 mins, took it off, rubbed excess in and used soothing cream to finish.
When I turned thelights on at the end, her face was so red and blotchy! Did i do something wrong? Why did her skin have this reaction?
xxx

Could she have an intolerance to wheat products? I am fine eating wheat but the aromaplasty mask from Decleor did this to my face but more than blotchy it was pretty swollen. Did she complain it was sore? If not might have been the stream making it very red, her circulation might not be great, is she a smoker? drinker? Just thoughts Hope his helps.

I too wouldnt have used steam. Also, Im sure the Bio cream exfoliant should only be used for half the normal time on a sensitive skin, if at all? I could be remembering that totaly wrong and will go and check for you in my manual.

Thanks guys,
i needed to use the steam for the oatmeal mask, but this probably wasn't the best mask to use.
She didn't comment on it, I just noticed it after the facial. I think it might just have been the steam. Maybe a bit too much for her.

I feel really rubbish now and totally incompetent. Better get my manual out and have another read.
Thanks again geeks.
xx

I know that the oatmeal mask says to use steam for up to 20 mins but I used it on a client the other without steam, only becaue my teamer broke the previous week!!, but it still gave really results.

How long did you leave the Bio Cream on for?

Thanks guys,
i needed to use the steam for the oatmeal mask, but this probably wasn't the best mask to use.
She didn't comment on it, I just noticed it after the facial. I think it might just have been the steam. Maybe a bit too much for her.

I feel really rubbish now and totally incompetent. Better get my manual out and have another read.
Thanks again geeks.
xx

Ah dont feel down about it sweetie. Live and learn, and Im sure your client would have said if she had felt uncomfortable.:hug:

Im sure if the client didnt comment on it then she must have been happy still. It may be just a thing that happens to her in general? I wouldnt have used steam myself but as long as you treated her according to your skin analysis on her then i wouldnt worry hun.
HTH XX

Hi crystaltash,the oatmeal mask is perfect to use on a sensitive skin,I always use in on my sensitive clients and they love the results. I think where you went wrong was using the bio-cream exfolient. This shouldn't be used on a sensitive skin as it has fruit acids in it. For the exfoliating stage of this treatment I would use an enzyme peel as it's milder and suits a more sensitive skin,have you been to their training yet? hope this helps :hug:

Last edited:
Well guys, I phoned the client today to make sure everything was alright and that her skin had calmed down. She said that it did about half an hour after she left the salon. She also said the facial massage relaxed her so much that she had a really good nights sleep and will defo be back!:)

So everything was ok, but it's defo a lesson learnt. I should have gone with the enzyme peel instead of bio cream. I haven't done the training yet - they are supposed to be coming to Belfast soon, so I'm waiting on word about that. Might phone Beryl next week to see if they have a date yet.

Anyway, thanks geeks for your help and advice. :hug:5 years in the business and every day is still a school day!
xxxx

glad to hear you have sorted it now, i would have lightly used just the exfoliating scrub tho ,

Thanks guys,

Thanks again geeks.
xx

Ah don't be daft hun. Don't feel rubbish. If she didn't comment on it then it cant have been that bad. We all learn by our mistakes. It's a good thing ...after all we are only human :hug: xxx

Glad all is well with her, I'm sure she appreciated the phone call. Its great to have this forum as us eve taylor geeks can help each other out if needs be. Well done crystaltash :hug:

OMG it happened again! With a different client! Used enzyme peel this time, no steam and a bit of sensitive face oil underneath but her face looked so red with a definite line where the mask has been. What is going on? Please please help me! Xxx

Did you buy your products from a reputable company??

Or did u get them off ebay, this once happened to my friend then she realised it wasn't eve taylor at all..god know's what it was but was in eve taylor bottles etc.

Thats strange, you should contact Emma the Irish distributor, she's very helpful and should be able to put you right!:hug:

hi huni use Eve Taylor and have sensitive skin and find that the bio exfoliant is the irritant. x

Yeah I bought it from the company itself.

Hello,

Ask Marie Reynolds at Eve Taylor directly - she is fab. I had a problem with the Bio Creme exf and she gave me loads of advice. Tell her all the procedures you went through and she can advise where you went wrong. Just as a side - when I was on the Eve Taylor course one of the things mentioned was it someone has had botox or other filler this can react with treatments! lol :)

Latest posts

Back