Even More .... Flowers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Well as everyone is getting into the flower groove ... I just had to have a play yesterday!

Attachments

• Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 65
Hi your flowery nails are gorgeous!

Where do you get your flowers from? Do you press them yourself?

Hiya Kim,
Glad you like them, thanx!
Shrop Dawn and I have a little motto ... 'press some, buy some, sell some, lol!
You should see me plant buying at the garden centre these days ... I must look a right banana trying all the flowers by my nails for size! :o

Brilliant idea! How long do they take to press - might try some myself!

Hey glo

they are gorgeous - still waiting hun !!! havent forgotten you but maybe posti is so impressed with them he's holding on to them himself !!

will let you know as soon as arrives

kxx

Glorsclaws said:
Well as everyone is getting into the flower groove ... I just had to have a play yesterday!

Kimberley0699 said:
Brilliant idea! How long do they take to press - might try some myself!
Hi Kim,
Its all a case of trial & error, some you can do overnight, some take longer, a lot depends on the thickness of the flower.
A lot of flowers fall apart too, and colour... dont start me on colour,lol!
All I will say is most dont come out looking the same gorgeous shade they went in :rolleyes:

All the flowers I've seen posted just lately are soooo pretty! And they're sooo easy to do! Simple designs but very effective. Great for weddings etc.... or even for every day!

I've got the bug as well now lol..... it really is addictive! These pressed flowers really open up some interesting toptions I can tell you.... Me and Gloria have already thought of other ways to incorporate pressed flowers into being a nail tech..... lol its endless!!

But nice effort Glo.... as usual!!;)

Ahhh that's beautiful babe, well done! :green:

lovely glor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right thats it, its the garden centre for me tonight! Def. is cheeper than buying pre-pressed ones!

Sweet babe I tried to dry some flowers but when they dried the colour had faded what did I do wrong lol

Take care Dawnie xxxxxxxx

Dawnie said:
Sweet babe I tried to dry some flowers but when they dried the colour had faded what did I do wrong lol

Take care Dawnie xxxxxxxx
Hiya Dawnie,
Dont think you did anything wrong!
Ive had some come out great, others fit for the bin, seems a bit like trial and error.
I had some gorgeous red ones ... spent ages on em ... came out black, lol!
{{{hugs}}}

Hi Glo

Do these flowers keep well in storage jars ? if so length of time?

do you think NSI etc put anything on them to preserve colour etc before or after pressing - would that help you keep the colour ?

just wondering - hopefully have something to update you with tomorrow ?!!

kx

Glorsclaws said:
Hiya Dawnie,
Dont think you did anything wrong!
Ive had some come out great, others fit for the bin, seems a bit like trial and error.
I had some gorgeous red ones ... spent ages on em ... came out black, lol!
{{{hugs}}}

just one more question ... sorry if has already been raised somewhere ?

Ive only used dried flowers under say acrylic at mo

Would these work on natural nails, if a base coat was applied, then dried flower (with or without adhesive ?) then top coat applied ??

I have a very little lady who would like to have one, just wondering if would last this way ?

kx

that's really beautiful!! I'm way jealous!

Karren they work fine pressed gently onto enamel then covered with a top coat...I've been doing it this way for months and never had a problem...better than sealing them into acrylic I would say as you can change them easier. Much cheaper and nicer to press your own too...clients love the personal touch :)

I agree that its sometimes better to put under enamel as i have a client who likes to change her colours and art very frequently, so wouldn't be worth putting them under L&P.

Karren said:
Hi Glo

Do these flowers keep well in storage jars ? if so length of time?

do you think NSI etc put anything on them to preserve colour etc before or after pressing - would that help you keep the colour ?

just wondering - hopefully have something to update you with tomorrow ?!!

kx
Hiya Karren,
Well from what Ive learned pressed flowers are best kept in paper .. eg between tissue, in envelopes/little packets even between the pages of a notebook.
Kept dry and out of sunlight ... they can keep indefinately.
Think storage jars are ok for the short term ... suppose it would depend on how fast you use em up!
Dont think NSI use a preservative for colour .. from what I've seen they dye them and thats why some of the colours are so bold.
Hope this helps a bit ... think Tracy answered your other question xx.

H Guys,

Another question about flowers in acrylic nails!... Well how do you stick them on the nail, and when do you stick them on, is it before you put any acrylic at all onto the nail plate? Ive put rhinestones under acrylic, but never flowers and it looks soooo cool!!
Thanks

Michelle xxx

Hi Michelle,
The way I do mine is ... Do acrylic nail as normal, before final buff down stick flower on with a tiny drop of resin or any nail adhesive.
Then go over the whole nail with a thin layer of clear acrylic, Buff to high shine.
Other peeps may do it slightly different, have a play and see. Hth.

Latest posts

Back