Ever had a client with this problem?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
Big Hand

This is the largest hand in the world, soon to be 'normalised' with extreme plastic surgery...

24-year-old Liu Hua was born suffering from a rare disease called macrodactyly, which caused his left thumb, index and middle finger to be much [understatement of the century] larger than normal... having a huge affect on his life and stopping him from being able to work.

Liu decided to do something about it and last month, finally, checked into hospital.

These were his measurements:

LEFT THUMB: 26CM

INDEX FINGER: 30CM

MIDDLE FINGER: 15CM

OVERALL WEIGHT OF LEFT ARM: 10KG

On July 20 surgeons got stuck into a 7-hour operation, removing 5.1Kg of flesh and bone!

A hospital official commented: "This was the first stage. A second operation is scheduled in six months to reshape his left arm and shoulder."

:eek: OMG you going to try and do his nails eheheh:lol:

Lets hope he is right handed :lol:

Wonder what his left arm and shoulder looks like!

It must be hard to live with a hand like that

It would certainly be a challenge:eek:

bless him....thank goodness he is getting the corrective surgery he needs to fix this disability.

bless him....thank goodness he is getting the corrective surgery he needs to fix this disability.

You are right Angie, bless him I deleted my last post :hug:

I actually thought it was a pic of someone holding a chicken when I first saw it.

That made me feel ill, it looked like a baby at first glance!

poor guy, it must be so heavy.:eek:

Latest posts

Back