Every Shape Nail ... On One Hand !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Help!,
I'm still at the stage where I get really excited when I get a new client :rolleyes:
Today I had a lovely lady who had booked for a manicure.
When she saw my nails she then said she wouldnt mind enhancements because she thought mine looked so natural :)
We ended up sticking to a dry manicure because of the time factor, and boy was I relieved!.
She has huge, no I mean HUGE, almost round in shape, nails. Some of them are spoon, some claw, and some look like a mixture of the two :shock: She also has Beau's lines on both thumbs.
She said she used to play a lot of sport.
My question is, - is it possible to ever make these kind of nails look decent?, especially when the hands are so big.
I suggested that a clear overlay might be good for starters and see where we go from there but, honestly I dont think I have the experience to deal with this kind of client.
Any comments/suggestions gratefully accepted.

There are some people whose deformed nails (cause that is what they are) just cannot be enhanced ... in fact to add to them actually makes them look worse .... There is the old saying, "you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear".

If you are anything like me, you are a perfectionist and really give yourself a hard time for not making everyone have competition looking nails! Not saying that I even remotely accomplish this on a daily basis, but hey a GIRL can have dreams right?

I LOVE IT (NOT) when all 10 of a client's nails are like all diffferent shapes and sizes, long, short, all bumpy and ridgy, that i so much FUN! I mean trying to fit and tip is the best part......and well sculpting.........hehe........can we say advil? LOL!

When I get client like this I am thinking "I can do this, I can really do this, I can make these nails a 10!". Then, towards the end of my service, after I exhausted all possible resoruces of knowledge and power, lol, I force myself to lay the file down or else, wipe the 3 inches of nail dust from my forehead and actually collect the money for the "nails" I just slaved over! Sometimes I feel good about it and sometimes I am like "that's it, I QUIT, I SUCK!." LOL!!!!!!

My advice, save yourself a headache, don't beat yourself up over someone elses mishapen nails. You can only do so much.......And I am sure that your expectation level is much higher than most anyone else out there,,,,,,especially this lady. I believe clients look at their nails from a totally different view point than we do and they don't see ALL the flaws........of course there is always that "ONE" that manages to find all the flaws and then some... BUT ANYWAY! ;o)

Hope you find a good solution to help this lady with her nails..

Leigh Ann Holz
Buford, Ga
Your Nail Pro

jenniferncloseup.jpg

Young Nails Frosted Speed Pink and XX Regular White- Backfill

Your Nail Pro, Those nails look gorgeous what system did you use!!

:rolleyes: Guys! :?
If this client has 'deformed' nails but wants enhansments then explain to her that it may be difficult to do and may not work - but give it a try!!
It could be possible to do - things are never as hard as you think, and the last thing we want is that client going down the road to one of 'those' salons and ending up with even worse looking nails and true deformaty! :D
p.s can i have this client to show my unit 19 students as i'm having troulble finding a true claw nail!!!!!!!! :D
Gr8 site!!

dazzlingtouch said:
Your Nail Pro, Those nails look gorgeous what system did you use!!

I use Young Nails acrylics and I love it! Thanks for the compliment! ;o)

Leigh Ann

My advice, save yourself a headache, don't beat yourself up over someone elses mishapen nails. You can only do so much.......And I am sure that your expectation level is much higher than most anyone else out there,,,,,,especially this lady. I believe clients look at their nails from a totally different view point than we do and they don't see ALL the flaws........of course there is always that "ONE" that manages to find all the flaws and then some... BUT ANYWAY! ;o)

Leigh Ann....funny you should post this - I had this same discussion with a nail tech friend this week. I said to her, I am a perfectionist but I have to learn when to stop, put my file down and say it's good enough. Because as much as it pays to be perfect, it can also become a hindrance. Why? Clients may see nothing wrong with their nails and silently fume that you are wasting THEIR time by trying to be perfect. Many people perceive perfectionism to be a character flaw. I think the thing to do is figure out where the line is between perfection and acceptance and draw it there and don't look back!

Awesome nails BTW !

Laura

Sorry, I don't know why that didn't come out as a quote from Leigh Ann's post! :(

scratchmyback said:
Sorry, I don't know why that didn't come out as a quote from Leigh Ann's post! :(

I fixed it!!! 8)

Thanx for your input peeps!
I wasnt even sure I'd get any replies to this one!
As this lady was going on a big night out I finished her off with a pale 'Mood Changing' polish and a very subtle touch of art on top. She'd never seen 'Moodies' polish before and was really taken with it.
Her nails are so odd that I dont think they could take a deep colour and the more I think about it ... the more I know I will not be attempting to enhance those nails. :rolleyes:
Call me a coward but, I think I will just advise her to have regular manicures instead. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back