Every time I read Scratch magazine it makes me want to work for a nail bar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
Does anyone else get this? Got my new issue of scratch magazine today and I was thinking "my goodness I would love to work for a nail bar at some point in my career."

I've heard of Nails Inc and The Cloud Nail bar (both of which I've heard mixed stories about). Can anybody else think of any other companies I could work for as a manicurist/pedicurist? I'd rather work for other people so am just wondering which other companies I could apply to?

I'm guessing the best experience would be in a self employed role where you can choose your own brands, treatment menu, service times and way of working but I've always maintained that I just prefer to be employed.

What say you? :)

I have the pleasure of doing manicures and pedicures in my employment so far and that rocks :) I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind doing this as the crux of my treatment work, even if the rest of the time is spent doing retail type work :)

Hi, I think both are taking on at the moment.

I've had interviews with nails inc twice both were very different, one was a group thing that lasted around 3-4 hours and the second was a 10 min interview with Lyndsey Stacey. Kind of get the impression if your face fits...

I had a reply when I applied for the cloud and they requested a a head shot of myself but didn't get around to sending one as I didn't have one and had like 2 days to send it but was also too far away from when I live.

Personally I would still love to work at nails inc because the way its described it sounds amazing and progression with in the company sounds likely and the interviews are definitely an experience! I would definitely apply if I was you.

Also you only have to be qualified to level 2 for nails inc in either beauty therapy or nails.

Hi, i worked for nails inc for two years and my experience was not a nice one! The job was mostly sales of their products & you get some area manager with a blackberry come to the bar every month and breath down your neck to sell sell sell! We used to be back to back with clients but if you didn't sell any products to these clients you would get moaned at! The place in my opinion is run by city wannabe bimbos who know nothing about nails or hardworking good standard nail technicians or your work! I would try and get a job in a real salon or go self employed! Im sorry if this sounds really negative but i couldn't wait to leave & wouldn't go back even if they paid me a decent wage

I must admit I havent heard great things about them.
For example cutting corners on treatments and with the bio sculpt, mixing products.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back