Everyone is depressed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pazzy

Reaction score
I go to quite a few houses every 2-3 weeks and I'm amazed at how any people are depressed, most of the time. And all that seems to make them happy, is having their nails done.

I think thats quite a shame, especially as there is more to life than having nice nails (I know its my job).

It most be the time of the year or this country. And I rarely get depressed/down so I dont understand it too much.

Anyone else finding more people seem to be depressed?

I think it is just the time of year - dark nights, Christmas shopping, rain & cold.

Must stop - depressing myself

yes! on and offline, it brings me down! i try hard to sheild myself from it. there is no doubt that this time of the year is hard on most people alot of them suffer from SAD, and chrismtas time is a hard/sad time for many ppl that have lost loved ones, well also we are in a retrograde astrologically....

i suffer with depression have done since i was 18 i had sever depression , then postnatal depression, now SAD its hard for some people for me i have a chemical imbalance in my brain but i dont let it stop me doing anything its about posotive thinking i dont dwell on problems. I excersice go to the gym, take supplemtns and eye Q fish oils that studies have show do the exact same as prozac, so you dont get all the side effects and can buy from boots. Iv come to accept that this is my life i can rather sink into it or fight it , glad for me im a fighter. I run a salon and have a beautiful son their are days that are hbd but i just get out of bed and say to my self 2mrw will be a better day. hope this helps for anyone who sufferes too ( postive thinking)

Their is a complete difference to feeling down and actually having depression and i wouldnt wish the illness on anyone

i feel very down at the moment again
i wouldnt say it is depression yet
although i have suffered with that and been on medication before ,and it is horrible ,it affects your whole life everything.
i have been thinking about going back on medication ,just incase the depression does it again

but i agree a lot of my clients do seem to be quite down in the dumps lately compared to in the summer ...
and they all say its the weather making them feel this way

one client asked me the other day if i hate the winter
and i replyied NO ..she was a little shocked
i said i dont like it in the fact that i feel misrable a lot and so does everybody else ,
but i do like it as my kids dont want to play out yayyy (i hate them playing out )
and they are always in bed at 8 o clock and i dont feel mean as its dark ...
we get all snuggled in our pjs ..its cozy
and of a weekend dont have to feel guilty about having no money,to take them anywhere as the wether is too pooh !!!!

Try the eye q supplements they are rich in Essential fatty acids they are from boots and also a vitamin b complex. Several test have shown people who lack Essential fatty acid and certain vitamins can suffer with depression. sorry iv had it for such a long time that iv spent years researching.they also Give this to children who have autisum and found an impresive results with some children being able to speak and to wright their name After a 3month tiral :D

Their is a website www.equazen.com

My husband gets days where he is really depressed and he doesnt know why it happens, something triggers it and thats it. I find it quite hard cos Im positive & try and help him, he takes omega 3 everyday and think that has defnitely helped.

I quite fancy getting one of those light boxes to help SAD. I do get it too.. They say you should have a coupld of hot sunny hols too to help you get through it. I have to say I crave starchy foods and sugar more in the winter months.

Although im not a lover of sunbeds they are also ment to help with SAD symptons. maybe just 3 mins every couple of days would help. Light boxs are expensive but i think you used to be able to lease them of the NHS if your doct felt it was going to benefit you, im not sure if they still do that.

Latest posts

Back