'Evonail' - treatment for cancer patients with nail problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had heard of this product - EVONAIL ??

I volunteer at a support group for cancer patients and their families and it came up in discussion as they know I am a nail tech.

It is a product that they are being recommended which apparently, very successfully, can reduce or stop some of the side effects of cancer treatments on the nail, such at brittle nails, nail loss, nail bed pain and sensitivity. You paint it on like a strengthener and I've been told it works wonders!

I've had a look online but would love someone who understands the chemistry better to tell me how and why it works so well.

The patients I have spoken to who have used it say its lkike a miracle and order it in from abroad even though Boots will apparently order it in also.

This sounds really interesting - will do some research and let you know if I come up with anything.

You're a star :)
I found a couple of sites which sell it, but most are foreign, and the others were forums where people were recommending it to each other, but not much else.

farmaline.co.uk

Less than half the price of amazon

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I've emailed the company behind the product to see if there's any more information about it in the public domain. I'm not back at my hospice for two weeks but will ask there when I return.

There is no one condition nor one solution that is common to all cancer sufferers. Different people have different nail problems depending on the individual and their treatment.

it seem that this product will address severe dehydration and possible fungal infections. If this is the problem it could be a good solution and won't hurt trying. But there are other problems that need to be dealt with in other ways

I've emailed the company behind the product to see if there's any more information about it in the public domain. I'm not back at my hospice for two weeks but will ask there when I return.

Good idea!! (Why didnt I think of that lol)
Will be very interested to hear what you find out :)

There is no one condition nor one solution that is common to all cancer sufferers. Different people have different nail problems depending on the individual and their treatment.

it seem that this product will address severe dehydration and possible fungal infections. If this is the problem it could be a good solution and won't hurt trying. But there are other problems that need to be dealt with in other ways

Another thing I have heard is that they are advised to paint their nails a dark colour whilst having treatment and some swear that this saves their nails from the worst damage??

Previously I have recommended using Solar Oil to prevent dehydration but this wouldn't necessarily prevent the added complications of onycholysis or fungal infections which seem to be a very common reaction.

Latest posts

Back