exam t-section help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvin

Reaction score
Hi everyone for the past few years i've been doing my nvq2 and finally i've been booked in for my end point assessment.
for my assessment i need to do t-section highlights with bleach and a colour, and a toner on top aswell
(I only use wella colour and blondor)

i've found a model luckily with virgin level 2 hair, my exam is soon and i haven't had luck finding any other model

i wanted to ask- this lady has level 2 hair, brown eyes, wavy hair and tan skin. thick indian hair
what would be the best colour for me to add inbetween the bleach? I work in a salon and all of the stylists are telling me that using bleach on someone with level 2 hair will look terrible. the thing is i don't have any other models i can do,

i know it sounds silly me posting this here as i am qualifying and it'smy model but i wanted to know other peoples advise and is it worth it

the model doesn't mind any colour that i do but i do have to use bleach, a colour and a toner on top aswell.

i was thinking using bleach and a 5/07 inbetween with 6% ? traditional weaves so it doesn't look chunky and a warm toner on top so it doesn't look super brassy

Hi everyone for the past few years i've been doing my nvq2 and finally i've been booked in for my end point assessment.
for my assessment i need to do t-section highlights with bleach and a colour, and a toner on top aswell
(I only use wella colour and blondor)

i've found a model luckily with virgin level 2 hair, my exam is soon and i haven't had luck finding any other model

i wanted to ask- this lady has level 2 hair, brown eyes, wavy hair and tan skin. thick indian hair
what would be the best colour for me to add inbetween the bleach? I work in a salon and all of the stylists are telling me that using bleach on someone with level 2 hair will look terrible. the thing is i don't have any other models i can do,

i know it sounds silly me posting this here as i am qualifying and it'smy model but i wanted to know other peoples advise and is it worth it

the model doesn't mind any colour that i do but i do have to use bleach, a colour and a toner on top aswell.

i was thinking using bleach and a 5/07 inbetween with 6% ? traditional weaves so it doesn't look chunky and a warm toner on top so it doesn't look super brassy
You're definitely on the right track. I'd be doing weaves of both as you suggested. 5/07 will show some red tones mind, as it's already warm and you'll be exposing her natural underlying pigment which from a level 3 to a 5 you'll be exposing red. So use your colour wheel to help you there.
With the bleach, I'd imagine it's going to lift to around a level 7 orange. So again use your colour wheel here , a 7 with a blue undertone will be the best toner for a nice neutral warm colour.
If you want to keep some warmth you could use a 7/0 or something like 7/17.
If you want it to be subtle you can tone with a 6/0 over the top. With the lowlights this will give a multi toned brown. Which would actually look really nice. Almost like the new craze "expensive brown"
I'm not entirely sure why your colleagues are saying bleach will look terrible, that's not the case, you just need to know what to do with it to make it look better suited to the clients hair and skin tone.

You're definitely on the right track. I'd be doing weaves of both as you suggested. 5/07 will show some red tones mind, as it's already warm and you'll be exposing her natural underlying pigment which from a level 3 to a 5 you'll be exposing red. So use your colour wheel to help you there.
With the bleach, I'd imagine it's going to lift to around a level 7 orange. So again use your colour wheel here , a 7 with a blue undertone will be the best toner for a nice neutral warm colour.
If you want to keep some warmth you could use a 7/0 or something like 7/17.
If you want it to be subtle you can tone with a 6/0 over the top. With the lowlights this will give a multi toned brown. Which would actually look really nice. Almost like the new craze "expensive brown"
I'm not entirely sure why your colleagues are saying bleach will look terrible, that's not the case, you just need to know what to do with it to make it look better suited to the clients hair and skin tone.
thank you so much for your reply i really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back