Excel Geek Meet - Sunday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know a lot of geeks are going to be at Excel on Sunday. Is it worth arranging a 'mini' geek meet for those of us that cannot be there for the 'offical' one on Tuesday?

Maybe after all the shopping has been done? :lol:

Sound good yeah - i'll be there! x

Count me in, but not too early!

LOL! No i think with all the seminars and shopping, its going to have to be later in the afternoon.....now i've just got to think of somewhere to meet. Any ideas? Is there a bar there? :lol:

I am up for that

FANTASIC IDEA RACHEL!!!:idea:

That is a really good idea, count me in too.:)

I have just printed off my badge, and was just saying I wish there was a meeting on Sunday too.

There is an eating area in the actual exhibition, but it is downstairs and gets really busy.

A lot of people come out and eat outside the room (still under cover) where there is more eating/drinking places.

Maybe when you decide our meeting place should be, you should get a poster made up with "THE GEEK MEET" on it. That way we will all clearly see it.

I think if I remember correctly there is an information/ help desk point, just before you go into the show, that could be a point to choose to meet?!

Emma xx:hug:

I'd be well up for that; fab idea Rachel :)

Am sure I will bump into some geeks such as Andy and Kimmy on the Perron Rigot waxing stall, but would be great to have a meet up towards the end of the day or something.

Must print out my geek badge too; will be a chance to christen our laminator too as we got one from Staples a couple of years ago but have never got round to using it yet...

Hey Rachel, it would be great to have a geek meet (remember the last Essex one lol!!!!!!). I'll be competing but will look out for you x

I'm booked in to see Sam doing 'Poppit Power' on the ANT Forum/stand at 2pm. Not sure how long that lasts.
What time do the comps finish?

I'm booked in to see Sam doing 'Poppit Power' on the ANT Forum/stand at 2pm. Not sure how long that lasts.

Me too! :green:

I would love to have mini Geek meet but for me later in the day would definately be better.

Reminds me I have to print off my little Geek badge! :lol:

It looks as though all the seminars are finished by 4.45pm. Sometime after this, unless that is too late for everyone?

It looks as though all the seminars are finished by 4.45pm. Sometime after this, unless that is too late for everyone?

We'll be heading off back to Shrewsbury after the show, so preferably not too late for us...

I'd love to join in on any geek meet but my baby is due on the sunday so i doubt i'll be going anywhere (except for the hospital!!!)...i'm not impressed that i have to miss excel this year :(

I'd love to join in on any geek meet but my baby is due on the sunday so i doubt i'll be going anywhere (except for the hospital!!!)...i'm not impressed that i have to miss excel this year :(

Well, I'm sorry that's not a good enough excuse! Reshedule it for a week later & get your ass down there!!!!:lol:
If only! All the best for then Jenny xx

Awwww Jen, we will be thinking of you and new baby geek! :hug::hug:

I will definetly be there on the Sunday, have managed to blag my boyfriend to come with me so he will be a tempoary geek for the day to lol.

Anytime is good for me as long as its not really late.

I'm booked in on this too so i'll see you there! x

Aww Jenny, this was me last year. I even sent off for tickets at one point in some wildly optimisitc moment...then they sat there on the windowsill taunting me! lol!

I was 39.5 weeks gone when Excel was on and I sulked all day. But I couldn't have even got out of the car if i'd have gone - I was as big as a house and crippled with SPD!

I think the Popits seminar should be finished by 3, but i am going to the waxing seminar which should be finished by 3.45 - so how about 4pm geeks?

Or would 5pm be better after all the shopping has been done?

Don't forget your cameras!!:)

Latest posts

Back