Excel income / outgoing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy123

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I was wondering if you could help me. I have been self employed since April. Prior to that I had a year break so I have lost my spreadsheets I used for my income/ outgoing. Does anyone have any templates they could email to me? I have access to Excel 2016 . I am a mobile hair and lash therapist.

I have a lot of catching up to do eeekkk .
Hope someone can help.

My email is [removed. Please PM]

Cheers geeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean your sales or for your monthly/weekly totals?

There is some software for accounts that is free to download
Google 'gnucash'
It's all laid out for you, just change the names of the different categories to fit what you want

Yes it is just to put my total income per week and one to register my receipts to and have totals of monthly expenture there also xx

Don't wanna sound rude, but, is it really difficult to do that yourself?

I wouldn't be asking otherwise

There is some software for accounts that is free to download
Google 'gnucash'
It's all laid out for you, just change the names of the different categories to fit what you want
Thank you. I will have a look at the website. Is this what you use x

I would just write them down and add them up manually, most free spreadsheets are made for businesses that raise invoices and something always goes wrong with the calculation in excel. But if you really want something then this is easy and free http://www.vtsoftware.co.uk/cashbook/

I would just write them down and add them up manually, most free spreadsheets are made for businesses that raise invoices and something always goes wrong with the calculation in excel. But if you really want something then this is easy and free http://www.vtsoftware.co.uk/cashbook/
Thanks Pamie, I will have a look at that one too. I have all of my receipts in date order and my monthly weekly takings all in order, I just need to put it onto a spreadsheet so I can send to my accountant . I was thinking of maybe trying to do my own tax return this year to save on cash. Not too sure I could though.

Thanks for everyone's help xxx

Goodness me your accountant should have given you some software or at least a template then. Yes you certainly can do your return, although you've left it too late for the tax year ending April 2015. You just need to record your total sales for the year and your outgoings that qualify (stock, equipment, advertising, rent, electricity/heating, stationery, bank charges, telephone, broadband, anything exclusively for your business) and work out your profit. The form tells you where to fill in everything. Anyway good luck.

The deadline for April 2015 is end of January. :)

I just thought it might be too little time to read up and get the form filled in

If you have it all in date order just send to your accountant. Light work for them

hI ladies, thanks for your replies. I was travelling Feb 2014 to April 2015. I want to get all my books up to date before I go off on maternity leave in April ad I need to send off my proof of earnings ect in order to be accepted. I am so lost and my accountant is not very good. thanks again

hI ladies, thanks for your replies. I was travelling Feb 2014 to April 2015. I want to get all my books up to date before I go off on maternity leave in April ad I need to send off my proof of earnings ect in order to be accepted. I am so lost and my accountant is not very good. thanks again
Considered a new accountant?

Latest posts

Back