excel just got back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi just got back from excel got lotsa goodies and thousands of leaflets the creative stand was the busiest stand there took me about 20 min to buy my goodies lol xx dont think it was as big as olympia or maybe its just me x also smashed one of my lovely cretive enamels on the way home it went every where xx

Glad you had a good time sweet xx

hi

glad you enjoyed it. never been to one yet but hoping to get to manchester in october.
is there any more people from up north, thats close to me, that are going.

I also returned so much the poorer. My poor hubby could hardly drag me away from the Creative stand. I bought loads of fab polishes and lots more. I hope to go back tomorrow to watch the demos a bit more closely. I will just need to resist spending any more pennies.

Did not see anyone with thier geek bagdes on :sad:

Got loads of goodies and met laystar and ruth(nails in london) good day out very hot and lots of people trying to get past me all the time ARGH :eek:

Saw Marian Newman, Leighton Denny watched an air brush demo on the Ka Sara stand. Saw a lady getting a treatment with her knickers pulled up her bum she was brave with all the people passing. :biggrin:

Went on a great course in the morning with BABTAC, Cheryl Gushue came all the way from Tononto to talk about how she create a make up look/theme I really enjoyed it!! :green:

Got some spray tan to will try it later!! :cool:

Any way enough for now.

Jenny

jacqui said:
hi

glad you enjoyed it. never been to one yet but hoping to get to manchester in october.
is there any more people from up north, thats close to me, that are going.
im in artleeepooool and im going

Spent a small fortune on the Creative stand as usual ... cant help myself :o
Nice to see all the big companies represented ... all except for one that is.
I watched in sheer amazement, a demo where a girl had a drill taken to her natural nail.
I jumped as she jumped, when she shouted "ouch!" and pulled her hand away.
"sorry" I heard .. not from the guy on the end of the drill but from the girl who has no doubt got herself some lovely 'rings o' fire' nail art to go with her new enhancement.
She gave her hand back, and he carried on with the drill unfazed.
As she vaccated the chair after he'd finished, he gestured to me to sit :eek:
I just muttered "I dont think so" and walked away with my jaw on the floor!

I too was disappointed not to see any geek badges. I was convinced there would be enough of us! Did see one of Laystar's badges; it was Mandidi aka Amanda at the Creative stand but she wasn't wearing it! Fab badge, want one next time please!

A girl fainted at the stand - second one of the day apparently. That was me last year (although luckily I only felt faint, didn't quite drop!) So TEAM CREATIVE if you're listening, get some cooling fans for the 'hot seat' where the video link is and get some seats for us poor models!

I shall be back tomorrow but sadly with my working hat on at the Bio-Col stand. My first time so not looking forward to it as I am useless at promotions! Other then promoting this site that is! Sold it to a young nail technician on the train journey in and also made sure she and her mum got there!

Hi i went to Excel yesterday too....saw the girl with her knickers up her bum! poor thing, bet she wanted the ground to swallow her up....and they did 2 applications so it took twice as long! Also saw a chinese looking person put a full set of l&p on including french polish in 30 MINUTES!!!!! he was using a drill and he cut her skin and made her bleed........then carried on to the next victim, no sanitizing or anything!!! i couldnt stop watching as i couldnt believe what i was seeing! he used one great big blob of acrylic on an enourmous brush and he put it on from the cuticle and dragged it down to the free edge! then he went over it with an e-file. he painted a load of white nail varnish just anyhow for the french, then dipped the brush in polish thinner and with the bristles of the brush pointing towards him flat and splayed out on the nail he made the smile by gently wiggling the brush! they did look good when he'd finished but NO WAY would i be next!! maybe that is who you saw glor??

Glorsclaws said:
Spent a small fortune on the Creative stand as usual ... cant help myself :o
Nice to see all the big companies represented ... all except for one that is.
I watched in sheer amazement, a demo where a girl had a drill taken to her natural nail.
I jumped as she jumped, when she shouted "ouch!" and pulled her hand away.
"sorry" I heard .. not from the guy on the end of the drill but from the girl who has no doubt got herself some lovely 'rings o' fire' nail art to go with her new enhancement.
She gave her hand back, and he carried on with the drill unfazed.
As she vaccated the chair after he'd finished, he gestured to me to sit :eek:
I just muttered "I dont think so" and walked away with my jaw on the floor!

Thats unbelievable... :cry: it makes me wanna cry

hello every one im fairly new to this nail craze! i to wanted to get to excel, bit hopefully will get to manchester and get some great stuff, love spending money!!!!!!!:lol:

i went on sunday, as soon as i walked in, there was samuel sweet just starting a demo, and what can i say, FANTASTIC, every show i go to i watch his demos, and he leaves me in awe, his technique, and knowledge, WOW.
also saw leighton denny do his hologram tips, and met up with a few friends i have gained from this site, (oh, and i spent some money!?!?!?!!) brill day out, even though i did get lost on the way (anyone who remembers me from chocolates airbrushing course knows what i am like for following directions!!!) LOL..

Hiya All,

i'm also back from Excel and i must say i did'nt see many geeks. I was on the nailorder stand for three days (went down at 5am sat morn) Thanks Debs and Purple Legend for popping by and saying hello to me nad Hermand and it was nice to see Beck again (hope you didnt get lost on the way home) Lol

Also it was lovely to see Fiona Barron aand her Friend (sorry forgot her name) and also Marian Newman. Just wanna say the book is fantastic!!!

See you all at Manchester

Amanda

Lily said:
Hiya All,

i'm also back from Excel and i must say i did'nt see many geeks. I was on the nailorder stand for three days (went down at 5am sat morn) Thanks Debs and Purple Legend for popping by and saying hello to me nad Hermand and it was nice to see Beck again (hope you didnt get lost on the way home) Lol

Also it was lovely to see Fiona Barron aand her Friend (sorry forgot her name) and also Marian Newman. Just wanna say the book is fantastic!!!

Amanda
I spent quite a lot of time at the Nailorder stand, but I didn't reckognise (sp?) you, you can't have had your hair done as in you Avatar pic!!!!!:green:

Loved Excel, it was brilliant. Went with Caz, met Samuel Sweet, (his pics don't do him justice.....yum) he was so nice and spoke to me and Caz while on a fag break outside. Its so nice to meet people who are so down to earth and professional. I also love Sam's accent........i'll be quiet now.:o

Anyway, moving swiftly on, met Debs and Purple Legend, Chocolate, spoke to Ant Buckley for ages, watched loads of demo's and bought everything i needed to create great nails. There were some good deals about too. Coudn't get the new book by Marian Newman but will get it when i can find it.

Wish i could've gone both days, its so tireing.

Lily said:
Hiya All,

Amanda
Amanda, I went to the Nail Order stand twice and bought stuff there and had a long conversation about brushes with a lady with long dark hair - was that you????

Carole Lindsay said:
Amanda, I went to the Nail Order stand twice and bought stuff there and had a long conversation about brushes with a lady with long dark hair - was that you????

Amandas pic is her avatar, didnt the white streaks give it away.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carole Lindsay said:
Hiya Carole,

Were you enquiring about a brush for £19.95 or something and wanted it delivering, i then said that you needed to speak to someone in charge and then you bought a pinnacle brush???? i was at the till, my hair was in a ponytail!!

Amanda

Fab Freak said:
Amandas pic is her avatar, didnt the white streaks give it away.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey you!!!!!!!!!

Thats what you get with living with Herman LOL

Amanda

Wot a show!!!!!!!!!

Great to meet you all, thank you for taking the time to come and say hi! Sorry i was so busy, but, well i cant complain! I didnt get my badge order in to Lystar on time, so next time i will have a bar of chocolate on my head!!!!!!!

Oh, Amanda (Lily) please can you tell Herman that Phil had an email from him this morning and he is very intreasted in the Laptop he has for sale!!!!!!!!!!!

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those that wonder what the **** i am talking about, we had the company laptop pinched from the stad, phil is gutted but thanks to Herman he is now seeing the funny side of it and he laughed so much at the email!!!! Tell him thanks!

Latest posts

Back