Excessive sweating hands- help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytint

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did a new clients nails 4 days ago- (full set of acrylic) and she told me just before i began to do her nails that she has this excessive sweating disorder in her hands, so i told her it is very likely she may have problems with lifting. She then told me she has had extensions on before no probs and that its only on the palms of her hands- so i carried on....

Now today she has text me saying "my nails are lifting really bad you know"

Can anyone please help me out here on what i am to say to this? and what to do in this scenario?
Also, has anyone else been in this position before? I was thinking of maybe recommending shellac instead.... or do you think the condition she has will cause problems with all other nail services?

Thanks in advance xxx

Well, you warned her right?
It doesn't matter if her nails stayed on at another salon. You don't know what the other salon uses. All you know is how your product works, and that's why you warned her.

If her hands are constantly sweating, then I'm sure it affects her nails as well. Her sidewalls must be sweaty too, so her nails would be constantly damp. You could try Shellac on her instead, but if she has an actual disorder it's something internal, so no amount of prep would keep them on.

You could have her come back in and see what part is lifting and decide what to do from there. You never know, she could have helped them off

Well, you warned her right?
It doesn't matter if her nails stayed on at another salon. You don't know what the other salon uses. All you know is how your product works, and that's why you warned her.

If her hands are constantly sweating, then I'm sure it affects her nails as well. Her sidewalls must be sweaty too, so her nails would be constantly damp. You could try Shellac on her instead, but if she has an actual disorder it's something internal, so no amount of prep would keep them on.

Yeah thats what i thought

You could have her come back in and see what part is lifting and decide what to do from there. You never know, she could have helped them off

Only probs with that is, i'm freelance so i would have to use my own time and petrol to go to her and look at them!

Hi geeks so to update this, my client said she ended up soaking her nails off as 2 of them had came off anyways, she now wants me to go back and do a new set for her... do you think this is a good idea to try again or encourage her to try shellac or something else instead?

thanks in advance xxx

Once the overlay is bonded with the nail moisture won't affect it (that is why you can use oil and put your hands in water)

I have come across this before and dehydrating the nails just once is not enough. dehydrate a couple of times and then dehydrate each nail immediately before applying the overlay. If she has worn nails without problems before then it is possible (unless it was MMA but you would have noticed this I presume)

If she has soaked them off you cannot comment on the problem so will need to charge her. With regards to visiting her to look at nails, that is one of the problems with being mobile. Clients descriptions of problems is not enough. If you want to keep the client you need to make the visit

I have come across this before and dehydrating the nails just once is not enough. dehydrate a couple of times and then dehydrate each nail immediately before applying the overlay. If she has worn nails without problems before then it is possible (unless it was MMA but you would have noticed this I presume)

Thanks for your reply,

I pretty much did this last time, i deydrated 1 hand and then applied the tips then the same on the other hand... but it still lifted anyway just got a feeling the same things going to happen again and then she will get annoyed and not come back to me, thats why i said about recommending shellac instead, i guess i could just give it a go one more time just to be sure and tell her that i will need to see them if it happens again so i can be try to find out if problem is her condition or not xxx

i have a client with this problem! it stresses me out doing a full set on her coz the nail forms slide off so i do a couple @ a time. i feel your pain lol x

Hi geeks so to update this, my client said she ended up soaking her nails off as 2 of them had came off anyways, she now wants me to go back and do a new set for her... do you think this is a good idea to try again or encourage her to try shellac or something else instead?

She could have taken a photo on her phone & sent it to you before she took them off to show you.

I have a client like that.. I do as what "Mum" has just said.. This client was just in to see me for her Rebalance, and they were four weeks old, and absolutley no lifting!

I also have a client that has trouble with excess sweating on the hands and here are a few things we have done and they did work for her. We schedule her early in the day before it gets hot so as to not have external heat be an issue, I sculpt her nails only as it removes one potential seperation issue (tip from nail), use nail forms that have the metal wire in them (I have a package only for her with her name on them) this way they don't slip off. Use dehydator more often and right before doing each nail like mentioned before. Something else that helped especially during the summer months is I switched her to LCN gel and they have a new bonder product that is thin like the acrylic dehydrator and she now has zero lift when she comes for her fills. Not sure if you work with gel? I work with both and I have found that with our humidty and climate gel works better for my ladies that either have excess sweat issues or who immerse there hands in water alot (janitorial jobs).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back