Excited and very nervous

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
Hi every1,
It's great to be back after being stuck without a computer for 2 weeks, (silly thing had a big virus), don't panic it's been re-formatted (I am getting clever with technical words, he-he).
Anyway, I've had a very exciting day and wanted to share ir with you, for some encouragement really. First I had a call from a modelling agency, saying that my 4 year old daughter has her 1st modelling photo shoot for a magazine, WOW. Then I got 3 more calls, all within 15 minutes, and booked one full set of extensions, one girl's birthday party and one infills and nail art. The last one is the main worry really. The lady had the full set done somewhere else and wants me to do her infills. The thing is that she is very fussy and wanted me to know it. She says she's been to a few salons and has'nt been happy. So I am wondering how a newbie like me is going to please her. As she does'nt know what system they've used on her nails the last time, I did say to her I would have to look and see what they're like and if need be soak them off. I am now getting worried sick, as these ladies are my 1st real clients for extensions, and I want to do things perfect.I guess I am just gonna have to practice day in day out to build up my confidence and to better my work. I was quite confident, but when she spoke like that she got me worrying.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I know I can trust you all.

Thankx all
Aylin

Hi Aylin try not to worry to much, when i first qualified in beauty i used to be mobile n i had the same thing client made me well aware that she had tried several people n was willing to give me ago i still do the same client 3yrs later u know ur job u no your good just b confident professional n b yourself good luck let us no how it goes by the way well done on your bookings n great news about your daughts photo shoot hope all goes well u will have to let us no wot mags so we can buy them

hey, don't worry too much, i had a client come in to the salon that i was doing a cover for, just for one day, so i was nervous.... then as i was doing my first ladies nails, my second lady came in for her appointment an hour early! i thought i was going to lose it, as i then felt under pressure to finish my first lady and not make the second wait too long, but she got worried when i told her i was covering for the regular lady and said she would rebook because she dosen't like anybody else doing her nails. i told her i understood and that when i had finished this last application of L&P i would rebook her appointment for her. she then came over to me to talk and saw the nails i was working on, and changed her mind and decided to stay and wait for me! i was even more nervous then, as she told me she has such high standards, but i kept cool and remained professional,and she left saying how much she loved her nails and that she shouldn't have made such a fuss in the first place. i was really proud that she liked them (at every stage she told me "yes, thats what she normally does" as if she expected me to do something different!)
my point is, if you keep calm, act your normal professional self, and make sure YOU are happy with the nails, then it is more than likely she will be thrilled with the nails you have produced for her.

Good luck.
Beck
P.S let us know how you got on!

Some women just have to intimidate and put you where they think your place is ... rather like a servant ... well we are servants to our customers but happily most ladies dont make you feel like it!!

When someone says to me ... I have such high standards ... I reply "So do I".

Don't be intimidated. Underneath all the big talk and the atitude is another person just like you.

Thank you all for your support. I think I was born a worrier and will never get over it. What do you think I should do though, soak her set off as I don't know what she's had on them, or just do infills. The thing is this lady lives in my street. So she is too close for comfort. If she does'nt like what I do, she will be telling local people, if she decides to ruin my reputation.
O.K. I've gone on long enough now, sorry if I've given every1 a headache.

Aylin

How about suggesting that u soak off and put on new set as u cant garentee how good the nails will b as u dont know what products have been used previosly get her to sign a disclaimer form saying she fully understands this that way you r covering your own back also she is then well aware. HTH

Thanx again every1,
but the panics over. The lady in question has just phoned and cancelled saying that they're going to France a couple of days earlier, and that she'll phone when she comes back. But I'll be going away for 5 weeks soon, so she won't be able to get me. AND if and when she does I'll cross that bridge then. Maybe just maybe I'll have more confidence by that time.

Aylin

Have a lovly hol

Latest posts

Back