Excited just ordered Cuccio Veneer but just read about Mega mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
I have taken ages sorting out what gel polishes to go for and have finally gone with Cuccio but I have just been reading up about Megamix, is this any good, am I reading right, its a gel polish without colour for you to mix your own in, if so sounds fab if not a bit time consuming, maybe not totally ideal for mobile. If thats the case I could have saved myself a small fortune lol best not let my other half know :)

What I wondered is I add pigments to my clear gel (Calgel) not tried polish though has anyone tried polish in any other gel apart from Megamix and if so was it any good. I have loads of polish and depending on the feed back of this clear gel can see some way of using them up and saving some money.

How long does the pot last surely you would use more and there be wastage? if you use it do you still buy other brand gel polishes or just make all your own up or do you just use it as and when you cant find particular colour.

Interested in peoples views.

I have taken ages sorting out what gel polishes to go for and have finally gone with Cuccio but I have just been reading up about Megamix, is this any good, am I reading right, its a gel polish without colour for you to mix your own in, if so sounds fab if not a bit time consuming, maybe not totally ideal for mobile. If thats the case I could have saved myself a small fortune lol best not let my other half know :)

What I wondered is I add pigments to my clear gel (Calgel) not tried polish though has anyone tried polish in any other gel apart from Megamix and if so was it any good. I have loads of polish and depending on the feed back of this clear gel can see some way of using them up and saving some money.

How long does the pot last surely you would use more and there be wastage? if you use it do you still buy other brand gel polishes or just make all your own up or do you just use it as and when you cant find particular colour.

Interested in peoples views.

I use Shellac, Veneer and Megamix. I have about 12 veneers but I personally use Megamix with my Cuccio polishes more. But don't think of it as wasting your money, there is certainly ease to having a gel polish ready made in a bottle and don't forget brand awareness is higher.

That said, it is really quick to mix Megamix and after a few goes you work out how much to mix, so not much wastage occurs. It's not a faff, I don't personally think, I do nail prep as normal, then I quickly mix my polish and MM in the little pot you can buy from the MM website, place the lid on top, apply base coat cure, then I'm ready to go with the colour.

I would add Megamix to your menu, if you have lots polishes then why not :) I love MM, but I'd always run Shellac and Veneer alongside it :)

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Shellac, Veneer and Megamix. I have about 12 veneers but I personally use Megamix with my Cuccio polishes more. But don't think of it as wasting your money, there is certainly ease to having a gel polish ready made in a bottle and don't forget brand awareness is higher.

That said, it is really quick to mix Megamix and after a few goes you work out how much to mix, so not much wastage occurs. It's not a faff, I don't personally think, I do nail prep as normal, then I quickly mix my polish and MM in the little pot you can buy from the MM website, place the lid on top, apply base coat cure, then I'm ready to go with the colour.

I would add Megamix to your menu, if you have lots polishes then why not :) I love MM, but I'd always run Shellac and Veneer alongside it

Thank you for that, could you tell me if the shine and wear are as good as the Cuccio Veneer, also how do you market it or do you just use it when client wants a custom colour in which case do you still charge normal price for it. I do feel I could have saved myself a few pounds as spent a small fortune today, do you find clients do buy in to brands sorry to ask so many questions is just that its taken me some time to get all my products together and didnt want to buy so called cheap brands as want to offer a premium service, must be honest the packaging of the MM would turn me off a little, looks like a child/teenager product, what do your clients think about it or do they not notice. :)

Thank you for that, could you tell me if the shine and wear are as good as the Cuccio Veneer, also how do you market it or do you just use it when client wants a custom colour in which case do you still charge normal price for it. I do feel I could have saved myself a few pounds as spent a small fortune today, do you find clients do buy in to brands sorry to ask so many questions is just that its taken me some time to get all my products together and didnt want to buy so called cheap brands as want to offer a premium service, must be honest the packaging of the MM would turn me off a little, looks like a child/teenager product, what do your clients think about it or do they not notice. :)

Clients generally find me because I offer Shellac, manicures and pedicures. When they arrive we discuss the different systems, what product will and won't suit their nails and how it's applied, longevity and so on. We chose a product based on what suits them.

I think the shine of both are the same to be honest. Both lovely and glossy and remain so for the duration.

They dont pay attention to the packaging and I have it all out on display. They generally think how nifty and clever it is, that the polishes can be transformed in to a gel polish. Don't let the packaging put you off, it's a brilliant product.

I charge the same for Shellac, Veneer and MM (£25), to charge differently would give the wrong impression.

Hth xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find that clients usually don't care about brands or packaging etc, they only care about price, what the finished result looks like and that they last well.. Whatever you use to achieve it weather it's knock of bluesky or the real deal shellac they don't particularly care. As said above, clients tend to come for shellac but not because of the brand name but because shellac has come to be the generic word for a UV/LED cured long wear polish (weather you use OPI, gelish, gellux, cuccio etc) it's the exact same as when people here in the UK may say I'm going to buy a new Hoover today and come home with a dyson, when infact the generic word is a vacuum cleaner and Hoover is a brand name, which has now become a generic term for any brand vacuum cleaner stemmed from market dominance from years ago. Basically because shellac is 99% of the time the first long wear polish people hear of, hope I managed to explain well :)
Also I think megamix looks good as a profession product, so often people think shellac is "just painting your nails" and assume it takes no real skill and is something they can replicate at home, where as when your mixing products it looks fiddly and like a faff to the client, something skilful that they would be able to do, yet after a couple of goes you soon get the hang of it.
X

Thankyou ladies I will be ordering some hopefully next week, sneak it in without OH seeing lol, I know what he would be thinking, should have just bought that instead of the others and save a fortune lol. Can I just ask is the gel the same in the bottle and the pot or are they different consistency, if not I'm thinking the pot maybe easier to use, maybe?

I would get both haha sorry not helping am I ;)

Pot is good for mixing, bottle is good if you want to add an extra layer of clear for strength. Xx

I would get both haha sorry not helping am I ;)

Pot is good for mixing, bottle is good if you want to add an extra layer of clear for strength. Xx

Does that mean they are the same consistency? I didnt know if the pot was thicker than the bottle, This nail lark is getting more expensive every day lol x

Same consistency, but the pot is easier to decant for mixing.

Just updated my mani with some rhinestones.

Last edited:
Ha picture would help lol!

Attachments

• 1406859855350.jpg
    1406859855350.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 178
Ha picture would help lol!

thats pretty have you used a stamp for the flowers , not used them yet so not sure what they are like, if so have you used any special polish?

Latest posts

Back