Excuse me if this is rude

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairdressingBug

Reaction score
Hi guys and galls,
I am new to this site and I love it! I only joined it a few weeks ago.
There is only one thing that really annoys me about it though!
There are a few posters that come on here and are soo rude to other posters and there is no need for it.
I havnt had it happen to me YET.
Yes some of the things people ask are things that they should know but isn't that what this site is all about? Ask advice, learn new things and share ideas? Or am I missing something.
I just find one or two people on here very patronising and its not even me they are writing to!

Only one or two posters the rest of you all seen lovely :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This site was not always in quite the state it is at the moment ... but a well observed post.

I don't post nearly half as much as I used to and I observe the absence of many other geeks also.

Bad times.

This site is what everyone makes it.
If a lot of friendly geeks post, it will be a friendly site. Troublemakers don't tend to stay around where nobody bites.

There is one poster in particular that every time I see the name I just roll my eyes and thing oh god what they gonna bite someones head off about this time. And funnily enough every time that's exactly what happens. Such a shame it really does ruin the experience of such a fantastic site.

Perception is all there is .. if one perceives the site is full of friendliness then it is.

Or is not.

There's a lot of sensitive souls on here I find.

Why don't you message the person to tell them how you feel? Or report their post

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This site was not always in quite the state it is at the moment ... but a well observed post.

I don't post nearly half as much as I used to and I observe the absence of many other geeks also.

Bad times.

J, why do you feel like this? what do you mean by 'This site was not always in quite the state it is at the moment' - I haven't been here as long as you.

As soon as you see the name of the person you find rude scroll down and ignore them. Works for me :)

Is it possible to block people so that you don't see their posts? I know that some sites have this facility.

It doesn't help you can't hear a tone of voice....I used to be sensitive to a few members but after a while I realised it's just how they are, straight to the point and they don't mean offence.....a simple statement can be read and taken so many different ways which doesn't make it as simple as it could be... Xx

It's becoming more frequent recently, I agree that it's somewhere to come and ask advice from one professional to another, but quite a few people are being shot down :( nothing has been aimed at me directly but I don't tend to be on here as often as I was

Bad times.

I wish you would post more often J'anna. I used to enjoy your posts. You speak good old common sense.:wink2:

I don't really want to go as far as contacting them and saying I don't like there posts lol (for one I couldn't be doing with the patronising response) I wouldn't mind but half the advice she gives is inaccurate.
anyway I was just seeing if I was the only one who thought this and nice to know I am not the only "sensitive soul" on this site.
:)

I don't really want to go as far as contacting them and saying I don't like there posts lol (for one I couldn't be doing with the patronising response) I wouldn't mind but half the advice she gives is inaccurate.
anyway I was just seeing if I was the only one who thought this and nice to know I am not the only "sensitive soul" on this site.

Do you ever reply to a post that is incorrect and say why it is incorrect?

I'm sensitive but try to remember sometimes we read things different to how they are said.
And if someone is rude report or ignore don't put it off you enjoying this site and all it has to offer :) xx

Now I am not stirring but your post actually sounds rude lol

And to be honest I have been through your previous posts and it isnt too hard to figure out who you are talking about.

A general post on manners would be fine, but to pin point one person isn't very nice x

Ha ha Nearlyme - I was waiting for that, I thought it took a long time coming. The next will be the mods closing this thread like they have every week so far with threads of this nature.

I don't know why people write this sort of thread, if you know the information is incorrect say something about why it is incorrect (rather than saying you don't want to read the patronising response) rather than start a separate thread clearly about one or two people who's names will never be mentioned and nothing will change. I don't grasp it.

Sorry OP being sensitive on an open forum with thousands of people may do you more harm that good, but most of us are here to help and you will know quite quickly who you will get on with and those to avoid.

Latest posts

Back