Exercising - what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE the les mills classes. I do pump & combat and have been wanting to try attack for ages but chickening out because it looks really hard! haha.

What's CXWorx like, is that core stuff? I don't think my gym does that.

I love Attack! It's the first one a tried, quite a few years ago now and I'm still going and still enjoying it. It's fun if you get a good instructor. It is hard but you really do feel yourself getting fitter as the weeks go by.

I've only been doing Pump since earlier this year but I've seen quite a change in my body and I feel so much stronger, wish I'd started it sooner now!

CxWorx has been at my gym for a few weeks now so I'm still new to it. It takes a few sessions to get used to the moves with the tubes, but once you've cracked that you get a really good workout. Yes, it's core stuff. You definitely feel it in your abs the next day! Hopefully your gym will get it soon as it feels like it's working. Maybe ask them about it to encourage them to start it?

I'm going to try and get in to the attack class on Saturday morning, if there's spaces. My friend and I always used to watch it while we were waiting to go in for pump and say one day we'll get up the guts to do that class. haha.

I LOVE pump it's my favourite class and it really does work. I have only just rejoined my gym but when I was going regularly I could really see a difference.

I checked and they don't do CXWorx. The tube, is it the ViPR they use? My instructor for my kettlebells class makes us do stuff with that. It's pretty awesome, but it hurts.

I used to go to a gym regularly and, apart from my arms, it didn't improve definition at all. This was in despite of doing all the necessary exercises for my legs. Post olympics, I'm now doing a bit of cycling.

My problem is that I've managed to lose a couple of stones this year and the cycling leaves me ravenous. :irked: I try to eat plenty of protein while restricting my carbs a bit, getting them mainly through fruit and veg. I am bothered that the extra calories I'm burning through cycling will be negated by my increased appetite! :irked:

Any suggestions on how to combat this whilst still getting the maximum benefit from cycling? Please don't suggest bananas, as I really don't like them unless drowned in yogurt. Have been doing some reading up on the net, but it's mainly for the more 'Professional' cyclist and not beginners like myself.

I'm going to try and get in to the attack class on Saturday morning, if there's spaces. My friend and I always used to watch it while we were waiting to go in for pump and say one day we'll get up the guts to do that class. haha.

I LOVE pump it's my favourite class and it really does work. I have only just rejoined my gym but when I was going regularly I could really see a difference.

I checked and they don't do CXWorx. The tube, is it the ViPR they use? My instructor for my kettlebells class makes us do stuff with that. It's pretty awesome, but it hurts.

No it's not one of those, that looks scary! They're like resistance bands with stirrup type things on the ends. I'd like to try a kettlebell class but they don't do that at my gym. Good luck if you go to attack, let me know how you get on!

Ok so I've been looking at local gyms on the net. The fitness first gym does all those body pump/attack etc classes and as far as I can see its £15.99 per month.

Does that sound about right?
Do you all go on your own or do you have a gym buddy?

Ok so I've been looking at local gyms on the net. The fitness first gym does all those body pump/attack etc classes and as far as I can see its £15.99 per month.

Sounds like a bargain, my gym is £30 with no classes. Most people go alone! X

That's really cheap! Are you sure that price includes the classes?

I go with my sister sometimes and I know a few people there to chat to because I go so often. It's good to go with a friend/relative, keeps you motivated and makes sure you turn up!

I do Zuzana light ZWOW workouts. They are amazing! They sort, free and you can feel it everywhere and see the difference. She does have Facebook page Zuzana light and you can also find her workouts on YouTube. Just type ZWOW # (and it starts from 1). She really is amazing x

I used to go to a gym regularly and, apart from my arms, it didn't improve definition at all. This was in despite of doing all the necessary exercises for my legs. Post olympics, I'm now doing a bit of cycling.

My problem is that I've managed to lose a couple of stones this year and the cycling leaves me ravenous. :irked: I try to eat plenty of protein while restricting my carbs a bit, getting them mainly through fruit and veg. I am bothered that the extra calories I'm burning through cycling will be negated by my increased appetite! :irked:

Any suggestions on how to combat this whilst still getting the maximum benefit from cycling? Please don't suggest bananas, as I really don't like them unless drowned in yogurt. Have been doing some reading up on the net, but it's mainly for the more 'Professional' cyclist and not beginners like myself.

You shouldn't really be restricting your carbs as this fills you up. What you should be doing is having a balanced diet but with all fat removed cut down or out the added junk and if you like a drink try to stick to one night a week.

This is what I do and although I don't cycle I run and before a race I eat extra carbs to give me more energy during the race. I have been doing this now since Jan and for the first time ever I'm not ruled by my weight and getting on the scales. I have maintained my weight and I feel happy and healthy.

May be worth trying see if it helps anything is worth a try. Good luck x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Now I'm not fat by any means, but I used to have abs when I did pole dancing lessons and I want them back! I can't afford to go to the pole lessons at the moment so I was just wondering what you geeks do to stay in shape?

Rhiannon x

I used to do pole too and was the most toned Id ever been when I did it.
Tried to go back after I'd had my baby, but you lose your strength so easily, and it costs a fortune doesnt it!? Shame really, coz I loved it.

I'm now like you, do nothing, and need to give myself a kick up the bum!!

Latest posts

Back