Exfoliation on manicure and pedicure when mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsbySamantha

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered previously, I searched the threads and couldn't find anything.

I am just starting out in my nail career, have recently completed my manicure and pedicure training and have been practicing lots on my friends and family. I am really enjoying it so far, so amazing to be starting a career in something you love!

My question is, what do any of you do about the fact that applying an exfoliating scrub makes such a mess on the floor? I am particularly concerned about this because I will be going mobile, and feel bad about leaving clients with tiny bits of scrub to clean up after I go.

I put a towel on the floor during a pedicure - does anyone put towels on the floor under their table during a manicure also? Or should I cover a large surface of their floor in couch roll to catch it?

Sorry if this sounds silly, any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated :)

You'll become better at controlling your products as time goes on so you won't be quite so messy :p

In the meantime, consider taking a shower curtain to put under the foot spa, table, etc. to keep any splashes away from carpets and flooring etc.

I never had a problem using just towels as I was taught to apply exfoliant dry after rasping, so one towel catches the foot dust on the floor and I use a hand towel to dry them after soak, so it’s all rinsed off. I also rest the clients foot on my knee and have a towel to protect my clothes on my lap (sometimes they are seated, sometimes lying face down on couch with a pvc wax cover on it nice and wipe clean). Adding products to wet feet is where it gets messy.

For waxing at home i use a large oilcloth sheet from dunelm on the floor, cut to the size I need it. Might be handy for you. You can choose from all sorts of fun colours and designs but I went for white and then now I have a clear one so i can see better where the dirt is.

Thanks so much for the replies, really appreciate it.

I will try getting a shower curtain/oilcloth sheet to catch the mess and, as you say, Trinity, hopefully as I get better less will go on the floor anyway! Thanks for being so helpful

Latest posts

Back