Expenses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxury Beauty

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have been going out of my brain trying to work out my expenses!!!! I roughly know for basic things such as laundry/electricity etc.

I am trying to work out like say in a standard salon size cleanser - how many mls is 1 pump? also i am asking this about oil as well. my accountant wants me to work out the closest possible amount as in the future i can see how much exactly i am spending on expenses.

How does everyone else work out theirs out? This includes salon/home based/mobile?

i would love nay help as its driving me mad!!!!

lima
x

Do you mean for costing your treatments??? If so i time how many bottles i go through in a month. Then look back over your records and see how many treatments you did and divide the total cost of that product by the number of treatments.

It will give you a rough average anyway and then for your budgets you can work out that you will use 4 of x a year and 3 of y etc etc so you can calculate a total cost for your expenses.

Hope this makes sense!

don't understand why you have to know how much 1 squirt of liquid costs? thats a bit obssesive ain't it?
surely what you need to know is that you need products, you buy them, use them and replace them. You have receipts for everything you use, voila!

also, fab advice from lilacm

A lot of people do a third outlay, a third tax and a third profit. x

Can your skincare product supplier tell you how much each facial costs you? I know many do, maybe you just need to ask.

yeh i think i might do that. I just wanted to know how much my treatments were costing me each - if you get my drift!

xx

also see Sassys guide to pricing your treatments.

I work in a spa where every drop is monitored. A pump on our bottles is 5ml. We measured it with those small 20ml medicine cups you buy at the Chemist's. Each treatment is based on how many lots of 5mls used and incorporated into the pricing strategy which determines what is charged for each service.

Agreed, this may seem a tad obsessive but if you're using very expensive product or stuff that is hard to get on back order or you are on a very tight ordering system then it not only allows you to price but also work out how many treatments you can get done with x amount of bottles. Sometimes with $$$$ you gotta do what you gotta do.

:D

Unless you know exactly what a treatment costs to produce, the cost per hour to run your salon (rent,rates, elec, Water, Ins, Phone divided by the number of salon open hours) plus the cost of your wage per hour you cannot effectively price your treatments to ensure profit, or to have lost leaders as special offers, or know what your biggest profit treatment is? - so although your accountant wants these figures, it is actually essential info for you to know that you aren't under charging etc.

Hello everyone

I have been going out of my brain trying to work out my expenses!!!! I roughly know for basic things such as laundry/electricity etc.

I am trying to work out like say in a standard salon size cleanser - how many mls is 1 pump? also i am asking this about oil as well. my accountant wants me to work out the closest possible amount as in the future i can see how much exactly i am spending on expenses.

How does everyone else work out theirs out? This includes salon/home based/mobile?

i would love nay help as its driving me mad!!!!

lima
x

HI

I think it is important to know how much it costs you per 5ml of oil, cleanser or per treatment.

I know how much I spend on products for each treatment so I can work out a mark up. I also can have a good idea on stock,so I know how much is being used and I can re order if needed.

On the other hand I visit so many salons who have a skincare range a put on specials for the month

** 1 hour facial and 1 hour bodywrap £25.00 ** (total 2 hours

If I ask how can they do that, some a unsure what I mean. When we work out what the products cost, maybe £15.00 if expensive products and then therapist wages for the 2 hours it works out that they are paying for customers to come to the salon.

it is important to work out the correct price what products cost before doing any specials. Other wise you will be out of pocket.:grr:

Latest posts

Back