Experienced Lash Geeks-Would you do the same lash training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great replies girls!

We all know how some threads on here end up, and I was bit worried this would become a bit of a moanfest and would be seen as an opportunity to badmouth each others brands.

Replies have been really honest and informative

xxx

Some great replies girls!

We all know how some threads on here end up, and I was bit worried this would become a bit of a moanfest and would be seen as an opportunity to badmouth each others brands.

Replies have been really honest and informative

xxx

Great thread.

This is great - I was actually going to go with lash perfect before I even read this - so I am pleased I saw this post - confirmed to me my gut instincts.
xx

Ive been doing lashes since Decemeber last year, so not so new and not so old. Before I booked anywhere I came on here and got so confused, in the end I went with a local salon which is part of Massage Diploma Courses, Holistic Therapy, Beauty & Distance learning Courses - Natural Therapy Studio School - Home they have places all over UK.

It was one-to-one training I did, which lasted a day and you trained on a real model. I walked out of there feeling 100% confident and couldnt wait to get started. I did 20 lashes in the first 3 weeks which really helped as it got me stuck in straight away and would definitely recommend others to do the same.

Im pleased I didnt train with any big companies as I dont think I wouldve enjoyed it as much and after hearing mixed review I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone, even though they arent a huge well known one :)

Hi, i have just called this company as it seems very reasonable compared to some of the quotes i have just had, if i do a course like this, im guessing i wont need to do a conversion course with some of the really well known brands out there?

Also, as a kit isnt provided, did u buy one in advance so that you could start away? Or did you come away from the training and buy bits and pieces from a few places to find you're favourite things?

I did try to send a message instead of clogging up the thread but cant see the option to do so

thank u
xx

Training Solutions - good training small class, if you don't feel confident you can go on another course for the same thing for free. Educators are friendly and expert in their chosen area of teaching. Excellent manuals and they don't pass you automatically just because you paid!.

Training Solutions - good training small class, if you don't feel confident you can go on another course for the same thing for free. Educators are friendly and expert in their chosen area of teaching. Excellent manuals and they don't pass you automatically just because you paid!.

Anne, I noticed from your profile you are a training provider.

Is this your own course?

I trained with gateway workshops. They offer training all over the uk. Again it wasn't a big company

Would I recommend? Yes. But please read below.

Wow this is interesting. As i too trained with gateway workshops and was not happy...(and Yes they do welcome u back for more help, But how do u know if ur doing it wrong...?)

I was trained back in Jan this year. And i dont entirely blame the company, i blame one day courses!! One day is definately not enough time to learn... I passed with only applying a few lashes. It was aperently all about the practice to them, so Yes i practiced and practiced, But no one to look over me and tell me if i had done it correctly.

There should be case studies with each course, and ihighly recommend anyone considering to train with someone who teaches in more than one day. As you should do cases and be able to come back, sit an exam type of thing and get feedback from the trainer.

If it wasnt for salon geek i would still be seriously damaging peoples lashes, because what i was doing at the beginining, i thought was right, But o hadnt grasped the skill and had no one overlooking to Say Thats wrong, i had numerous problems with different things to do with lashes. And like i Say i learnt more from the internet than my course. One day is not enough to pack everything to know about a SEMI PERMANENT 2 hour treatment!! Espec as i have since seen other lash technitions work and its appaling, lashes stuck together etc, wrong lashes applied... But its not their fault, as Thats how they were mostly trained... rushed!!

I knew nothing about lashes before my course so i was all over the place when i came back, i REM thinking wow so much to remember and kept thinking while doing my first set, of all these questions i should of asked...?

I have since gone on to complete masters level with Nouveau a reputable lash company. And lashes is my passion. I am confident now with all my practice and produce great results.

If i was to study another beauty treatment, i would pay more and go with an actual brand. Not a college.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but I had asked the same question on a thread with no replies. I was just wondering if anyone had done the Sallys course, not the semi permanent on but the party/weekend lashes. I've done some market research and although I would love to do the semi permanent course, every single person voted for party lashes. Has anyone done this course and could give me some feedback before I fork out for their training? Or if anyone could recommend anywhere else for this sort of training It would be much appreciated :D x

Yvonne,

I think the reason you didn't get any replies is that most folks like to post positively on the forums and Sallys's courses NEVER get a good review. People keep booking with them (probably because they are cheap but cheap training is a false economy in my opinion). Sorry hun. x

Folks have also stopped answering queries about lash courses as they come up so often. That's why I hoped this thread would get all opinions in the one place and so would be easy to find.

Hopefully, the thread will stay on track and we will get lots more helpful feedback about Semi Permanent EE courses.

Yvonne,

I think the reason you didn't get any replies is that most folks like to post positively on the forums and Sallys's courses NEVER get a good review. People keep booking with them (probably because they are cheap but cheap training is a false economy in my opinion). Sorry hun. x

Folks have also stopped answering queries about lash courses as they come up so often. That's why I hoped this thread would get all opinions in the one place and so would be easy to find.

Hopefully, the thread will stay on track and we will get lots more helpful feedback about Semi Permanent EE courses.
Thanks hun, yeah I thought that but I was asking if anyone had heard of a different course that offers the same thing too. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place.

Who I trained with - Wow Factor Flirties

Would I recommend - Yes

My training was 1-2-1 and the trainer was helpful, experienced and generally a nice girl.
I had to produce 3 case studies before I had completed the course and I got plenty of help and advice whilst doing these from Layla my trainer and I'm also pretty sure that, should I need it I would still get help and advice from her now.
I also got the offer of going back FOC if I felt I was struggling and also to sit in and watch her working on a client if I felt it would help.
Also Britta and Collin who run the company had both been extremely helpful for nearly a year before I finally trained!
All in all, I was very pleased :D

Yep I trained with Flirties and yes I would train with them again. Loved the one to one training and the fact there was no rush with my first set of lashes and I wasnt haveing to distract my trainer from some other trainee for help at least I knew i was getting the trainers full attention and afterwards she was at the other end of the phone as said in the previous post so are Colin and Britta.

I've been thinking of doing either EE or Myscara/Crybaby as been getting quite a few enquiries lately. Thanks for this thread Elliebee, it's really helped me, and all being in the one place means I don't have to start a new thread :wink2:

xx

Yep I trained with Flirties and yes I would train with them again. Loved the one to one training and the fact there was no rush with my first set of lashes and I wasnt haveing to distract my trainer from some other trainee for help at least I knew i was getting the trainers full attention and afterwards she was at the other end of the phone as said in the previous post so are Colin and Britta.

I feel this is a biased view given that you work for Flirties now. If you had pointed that out in your post, I would have found it more credible.

I feel this is a biased view given that you work for Flirties now. If you had pointed that out in your post, I would have found it more credible.

Agree with the pointing out bit. That would have shown us just how great you think flirties are :) x

The poster has disclosed on her profile that she is a trainer for flirties and wow factor and everyone can see it if they look at the yellow asterisk below the name of the poster. The yellow asterisk is the sign that a person works for or is a supplier of goods or training to the industry. She has done nothing wrong in her post and no deception.

I think it was just to state it for those of us who are on our phones we'd have to go on the profile :) I wouldn't have known if no one pointed it out. I don't believe any deception was meant at all :)

On another note, am I allowed to post? I havnt been doing lashes for very long, only a few months but as far as training goes, I was very happy with what I received from lash perfect. I just found all the staff so helpful and willing to answer all my stupid questions! They certainly do look after you after you've trained and even before they did their upmost to make me feel welcome (even though I'm sure the main aim was giving them money, what business isn't).

I would choose them again. I'm just very happy with the whole experience and though the products are expensive, they certainly are worth it. Apart from the lashes, love how easy they are to work with but they need to cut their prices, it's excessive and I can't really see why?

What I like is they dont skimp on anything, a proper matt is given rather than a sponge etc. And you don't have to teach yourself anything after your training!

I'm planning on attending their advanced training once I've been lashing for a year or 2 :) x

I think it was just to state it for those of us who are on our phones we'd have to go on the profile :) I wouldn't have known if no one pointed it out. I don't believe any deception was meant at all :)

On another note, am I allowed to post? I havnt been doing lashes for very long, only a few months but as far as training goes, I was very happy with what I received from lash perfect. I just found all the staff so helpful and willing to answer all my stupid questions! They certainly do look after you after you've trained and even before they did their upmost to make me feel welcome (even though I'm sure the main aim was giving them money, what business isn't).

I would choose them again. I'm just very happy with the whole experience and though the products are expensive, they certainly are worth it. Apart from the lashes, love how easy they are to work with but they need to cut their prices, it's excessive and I can't really see why?

What I like is they dont skimp on anything, a proper matt is given rather than a sponge etc. And you don't have to teach yourself anything after your training!

I'm planning on attending their advanced training once I've been lashing for a year or 2 :) x

Your post has me all at "sixes and sevens". Lol.

Maybe I can ask you a question or 2?

Why is it that so many are so cynical and ugly in their remarks today?

You state that you were treated warmly and welcomingly and with obvious courtesy and sincerity ( but, you say, that was probably only to get your money )!! What an uncalled for remark. In my experience there are people who do things nicely simply because that is the sort of people they are and not for the sole motive of taking your money! True sincerity is impossible to fake!

In any case, they did not just take your money. They gave you value for the money you spent and they exceeded your expectations of training and according to you sent you home feeling confident and happy with the overall experience ... Yet you also have a 'dig' at them after this great training and experience about the cost?

I don't think reading of your experience, that they deserved the digs in your post ... And as one who provides excellent training myself ... Because I LOVE to see people get on and do well with my training and my products as well as to make what I deserve to make for doing so ( although money has never been the driving force for what I do and isn't now) I don't think your remarks were just or fair or frankly even nice. My opinion ... Shoot me!

Take out the 'digs, and most companies would have loved to get a post like yours and it would have made their day. Sad

Last edited:
Your post has me all at "sixes and sevens". Lol.

Maybe I can ask you a question or 2?

Why is it that so many are so cynical and ugly in their remarks today?

You state that you were treated warmly and welcomely and with obvious courtesy and sincerity ( but that was probably only to get your money, you say)!! What an uncalled for remark. In my experience their are people who do things nicely simply because that is the sort of people they are and not for the sole motive of taking your money! True sincerity is impossible to fake!

In any case, they did not just take your money. They gave you value for thevmoney you spent and they exceeded your expectations of training and according to you sent you home feeling confident and happy with the overall experience ... Yet you also have a 'dig' at them after this great training and experience about the cost?

I don't think reading of your experience, that they deserved the digs in your post ... And as one who provides excellent training myself ... Because I LOVE to see people get on and do well with my training and my products as well as to make what I deserve to make for doing so ( although money has never been the driving force for what I do and isn't now) I don't think your remarks were just or fair or frankly even nice. My opinion ... Shoot me!

Take out the 'digs, and most companies would have loved to get a post like yours and it would have made their day.

I didn't mean to offend, sorry!

No I was not saying it was just to get my money and everyone was truly lovely, my point was maybe that helps them to get money, not that they are nice just to get your money. Maybe I misworded it.

I honestly believe they are a fantastic company, just not sure why some of their products need to be so expensive as so many companies these days are doing raw materials much cheaper. If they could tell me why they charge near on 5x as much for a pot of lashes then their competitors and have a valid reason it would make me more inclined to think they are 100% as opposed to 95%.

I fully understand you get what you pay for but at the same time the massive difference in price from their competitors makes me wonder why.

I hope that doesn't make you just as angry, I'm simply stating my opinion. Maybe I should have had more sleep before I posted lol x

I didn't mean to offend, sorry!

No I was not saying it was just to get my money and everyone was truly lovely, my point was maybe that helps them to get money, not that they are nice just to get your money. Maybe I misworded it.

I honestly believe they are a fantastic company, just not sure why some of their products need to be so expensive as so many companies these days are doing raw materials much cheaper. If they could tell me why they charge near on 5x as much for a pot of lashes then their competitors and have a valid reason it would make me more inclined to think they are 100% as opposed to 95%.

I fully understand you get what you pay for but at the same time the massive difference in price from their competitors makes me wonder why.

I hope that doesn't make you just as angry, I'm simply stating my opinion. Maybe I should have had more sleep before I posted lol x

Why don't you simply ask them ? The price of raw materials depends on what those raw materials are doesn't it and from whom they purchase. Most every lash company purchases their materials from Korea ... Maybe the company you are with does not? Asking them rather than casting doubt would seem the obvious thing to do.

If you are getting excellent results, and getting a good return on your investment and have happy and returning clients then stick with what you are doing. There are so many cheap skate technicians of all sorts who invest in good training and excellent products, do well, and then down grade to cheaper products with a penny pinching atitude that eventually destroys what they have started to build. Short term gain makes for long term pain.

And for the record, I am not angry. I just do not think it is much of a thank you or shows any gratitude to anyone to make the remarks you made ... Especially when from the sounds of it, you had an excellent experience with Lash Perfect. Why pay for excellence and then down grade to mediocre ?

Latest posts

Back