Expert advice on skin care needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
Hi there, happy Sundays!
This post has nothing to do with nails but I know a lot of you geeks are beauty experts as well, so I'm asking for some advice.
I'm about to splash the cash on a new skin care regime, I'd like to know what you would recommend as professionals. I've been using clinique for the past year but I was getting a lot of spots on my chin, I've stopped using their 3 step system for a month and the spots are nearly all gone. This is why I'm looking to change.
I'm 28 so I'd like something that's great at preventing the dreaded wrinkles, my skin's a little bit dry and slightly sensitive and I like to feel pampered.
Can anyone help me, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also will there be lots of great brands at Excel?
Thanks geeks x

Take a look at the NIMUE stand.

Nimue is from South Africa and an exceptional line. The line is classed as a cosmoceutical (like Dermalogica) which means that it is not just a 'pretty line' or 'feel good' line, but actually helps with conditions such as acne, vitiligo and environmentaly damaged skin (which these days is just about everyone).

Enjoy the show.

Dermalogica is fantastic - cant reccomend it highly enough.

The Nimue range looks great, just had a look at their south African website. Do you know if there is a UK based site, otherwise I'll look out for them at excel tomorrow.

At the moment I do not believe there is a UK web site.

Nimue does have a stand at Excel though.

Thanks - I've added it to my list, thank god I am going for 2 days!! Just off to buy my trolley to put all my brochures in!

hiya

i would recommend liz earle as the products are simple and effective. i also love the moisturisers from virgin vie and they do a perfect balance range for skin that is 'unpredictable'

Hello I will email you some info on the products I use and all my clients have had fab results from too!!!!

If I were you I'd ask for samples from all the good ranges before splashing out on one particular range.

I've found that whatever I use gives me a great affect for the first month or so then it's as though my skin just gets used to it. Now I use two different systems, one in the night and one in the morning, keeps my skin confused so it behaves LOL

Hi there, interesting that you mentioned clinique as we were discussing this the other day. A male hairdresser friend of mine had been using this range but for men for years and he also began to get spots. He went back to see the lady at the counter in a large store where he purchased the products for years and the lady said, oh thats because your too old for this product now you should be using that counters products and pointed to another range! can you believe it!!!!!!! I was so shocked when he mentioned this and he was so upset that he left and stopped using skin care ranges.

I think this is a shame. I myself have not found a really good range as yet either and am a qualified beuaty therapist, however I have heard Nimu being a very good product form a few people and the dermologica. You have to be careful when finding a good skin care range as most products are filled with nothings like water, as we know water is so important but you do not want to buy a range that offers magical results form 80%water. I agree with Geeg and if I was going to offer a range it would be one like nimu.

Hope this helps
xxxx

Do you know the yellow 'Special Cream' from Clinique that is hypoallergenic??

Guess who is allergic to it and went bright red in the face the first time she used it?? You guessed it!! And usually nothing affects me!

Hi there I'm not a beautician but I'm a product fanatic !!!! Here we goo!!! Have you been to your local dept store and done ALL the counters (except clinique !!) and asked the consultants for some samples? If they r any good they'll help you out & give u some free trial sizes for you personal needs - dont take this - you'll have a full refund if the product is'nt suitable poop just try another counter !!
Also try & look @ this website www.hqhair.com
They have a fab range of superb skincare brands - some u maynot have heard of but are all highly recomended and used by super models , etc.
I've just bought a mario badescu moisturiser - it is vvgood.
Also keils (american ) come highly recomended(again lots of makeup artists use it - and some of my friends !
Liz Earle is very good -sample sizes available & reasonably priced.
I am also a fan of clarins !
Also - I lluuvvv Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser - its a fab budget buy & very good at its job - which is the main thing!!!
Rub it on - rub it off with a flanel or linen face cloth and hey presto - fab results!!
Not a major problem if its not the 1 4 u cos its only about £3.00!
I could go on and on and on !!!!!
But get some samples - find 1 u like thats within ur budget then give it a go.
Skin can b such a funny old thing ! I'm a huge believer of what goes into u comes out in your skin,hair etc so I always recomend the usual -drink lots of water - its true what they say !! andget a good multi vit & omega oil supliment. They're worth their weight in gold & r pretty inexpensive for the results u get !!
Hey - wont bore u anymore - if u can take more & wanna pm me -feel free !!!
Good luck in ur quest for super skin !!
lol Jayneym xx ps dermatalogica is fab -Cameron Diaz is a big fan - she has problematic skin & also MOP ! ok I'm going now !!!!
heavenly said:
Hi there, happy Sundays!
This post has nothing to do with nails but I know a lot of you geeks are beauty experts as well, so I'm asking for some advice.
I'm about to splash the cash on a new skin care regime, I'd like to know what you would recommend as professionals. I've been using clinique for the past year but I was getting a lot of spots on my chin, I've stopped using their 3 step system for a month and the spots are nearly all gone. This is why I'm looking to change.
I'm 28 so I'd like something that's great at preventing the dreaded wrinkles, my skin's a little bit dry and slightly sensitive and I like to feel pampered.
Can anyone help me, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also will there be lots of great brands at Excel?
Thanks geeks x

Thankyou so much for your responses. I will defiantely check out Nimue and Dermalogica at Excel tomorrow. I've used Estee Lauder and Clarins in the past, I was quite happy with their products but they defiately didn't make my skin feel WOW and that's what I'm after.
I'll let you know how I get on x

I too used to use clinique and didnt suffer from spots until I used their"wonderful moisturiser" (yes the yellow one) within one hour of putting it on my chin and cheeks would itch like mad then erupt in spots,according to their girl on the counter it must have been my foundation not their product (impossible because I didnt wear any)Now I use dermalogica or susan molyneaux

Latest posts

Back