Expiry Date on Gift Vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimaxwill

Reaction score
Hi, I have been asked to donate a gift voucher to a school fund, which I am more than happy to do, what I don't know is would you put an expiry date on a gift voucher? And if yes how long would you give for them to use.

hi,
i have donated gift vouchers to local schools before and have just made them valid for three months (instead of the usual six months) i think three months is plenty of time for a voucher that you are giving away free of charge.

R x

All my gift vouchers have a 3 month expiry date, whether bought or free. I can't be doing with having them hanging around too long!

I have 6 months on all my gift vouchers. But I am flexible with this. I once had someone come in for a treatment and present me with a voucher she had been given, more than 2 years out of date. I accepted it (though wasn't too happy about doing so), that customer now comes in every 4-6 weeks spending from £50 to £70 at each session. So now I always accept my vouchers no matter how old, but will charge extra if my prices have changed, you never know when a new client with an out of date voucher will become a very good regular client.

I have 6 months on all my gift vouchers. But I am flexible with this. I once had someone come in for a treatment and present me with a voucher she had been given, more than 2 years out of date. I accepted it (though wasn't too happy about doing so), that customer now comes in every 4-6 weeks spending from £50 to £70 at each session. So now I always accept my vouchers no matter how old, but will charge extra if my prices have changed, you never know when a new client with an out of date voucher will become a very good regular client.

Think you are right on this one. I never used to accept expired GV, but I think it really annoys people. I changed from 6 month to 3 month though, because I was finding all the xmas vouchers we getting used in June and that is a busier time for us anyway. Now we are extending them and hopefully we get some good regulars out of our niceness!

I only do 3 months on mine, if I am anything to go by I forget I have them after a certain amount of time!

I would also say 3 months.x

Thank you all for your reply's think I'll go with three months. :)

Yep i have 3 months on all mine too :)

I have 6 months on gift vouchers.

Think you are right on this one. I never used to accept expired GV, but I think it really annoys people. I changed from 6 month to 3 month though, because I was finding all the xmas vouchers we getting used in June and that is a busier time for us anyway. Now we are extending them and hopefully we get some good regulars out of our niceness!

People hate getting turned away for an expired voucher - it makes them feel conned or cheated.

I know it's really annoying when someone turns up with an expired voucher but your reaction could turn them into a loyal and frequent customer.

Latest posts

Back