Express colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kz2308

Reaction score
Hey was wondering of any of you know of colour groups that do express colours that develop in 15-20mins ???

Swarkophf and Clynol 10minute speed colours, full of ammonia but develop I'm 10mins.

Do you have a climazone or hair master?

What indola called can't see it ??

Umm fwiw luocolor is a 20min development but as colourgirly said express colours usually have more ammonia content to speed it up. Most permanent colours have a 35-45min development time which isn't really that long, adding heat to these colours can cause the dyes to develop before penetrating deep enough into the cortex.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Umm fwiw luocolor is a 20min development but as colourgirly said express colours usually have more ammonia content to speed it up. Most permanent colours have a 35-45min development time which isn't really that long, adding heat to these colours can cause the dyes to develop before penetrating deep enough into the cortex.

Thanks what does the full ammonia content mean like is it worse for the hair ?

Thanks what does the full ammonia content mean like is it worse for the hair ?

Yeah that's why ammonia free colours are a big thing

Well ammonia or MEA is the catalyst that drives the reaction, otherwise you would need to leave the colour on overnight just to get a couple of levels to lift. More ammonia= faster reaction= more swelling to the hair. However some of this damage is neglected due to the shortened development time x

Latest posts

Back