Extending nail bed with Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Hi all

I really really love my Brisa, however I'm having trouble with my Opaque pink coverage.
I'm sorry I do not have a photo so will just have to describe for you.

I did a set of nails last night and I really was not pleased with the finished look. My client had very short nails which were also very wide but very flat. I used clear tips, Brisa Soft white gel for the tips as she wanted a natural look. I did great smile lines and placed higher up the nail bed in a more desirable position. I used the warm pink opaque for the nail bed. When looking at them you could still see where her nail ended and there was a difference in colour of the pink until the white tip . It was like a shadow in the pink. I did two coats of the pink but still didn't help especially after filing. Is this what I should expect and am I looking for too much perfection? Should I have brought the white tip down even further to reduce the amount needing coverage? And is soft white not a good colour for this type of work?

Like I said I love my Brisa and feel I do good sets of nails but these nails were a big challenge and I really didn't like how they looked, because they were wide and I really tried hard not to make them look like shovels. my client (a friend) seemed happy but I just am not happy and she's now on holiday so I can't even get her back in to change them. I'm wishing I just stuck white tips on now as I'm not sure what would look worse! :'-(

Any advice greatly appreciated

E x

With the brisa opaques you won't get as much coverage than opaque L&P as they still need the UV light to pass through and cure properly. You could build up in a few layers but make sure you application is precise to minimise over filing when refining. Other than that you could add more white to the mix to give more opaque but you would also need to add some brisa bolds to bring it back to the correct colour, White will lighten the pink. The custom blending course is an excellent one to teach you this.
Jen xx

Hi Jen thank you for your advice

Custom colours is one I was looking into actually, I'm also waiting for my L&P conversion date to come through some can use CND L&P for these clients.

I had another go on a colour pop and I really don't think the soft white goes with the Opaque gel at all(this may just be me thinking this) and looks better with the sheer and semi sheer pinks.

E x

Hi Jen thank you for your advice

Custom colours is one I was looking into actually, I'm also waiting for my L&P conversion date to come through some can use CND L&P for these clients.

I had another go on a colour pop and I really don't think the soft white goes with the Opaque gel at all(this may just be me thinking this) and looks better with the sheer and semi sheer pinks.

E x
Yes the soft white just dissapears when you use it with the opaques, to get a nice crisp smile line you need to use the white opaque not soft white. xxx

Hi all

I really really love my Brisa, however I'm having trouble with my Opaque pink coverage.
I'm sorry I do not have a photo so will just have to describe for you.

I did a set of nails last night and I really was not pleased with the finished look. My client had very short nails which were also very wide but very flat. I used clear tips, Brisa Soft white gel for the tips as she wanted a natural look. I did great smile lines and placed higher up the nail bed in a more desirable position. I used the warm pink opaque for the nail bed. When looking at them you could still see where her nail ended and there was a difference in colour of the pink until the white tip . It was like a shadow in the pink. I did two coats of the pink but still didn't help especially after filing. Is this what I should expect and am I looking for too much perfection? Should I have brought the white tip down even further to reduce the amount needing coverage? And is soft white not a good colour for this type of work?

Like I said I love my Brisa and feel I do good sets of nails but these nails were a big challenge and I really didn't like how they looked, because they were wide and I really tried hard not to make them look like shovels. my client (a friend) seemed happy but I just am not happy and she's now on holiday so I can't even get her back in to change them. I'm wishing I just stuck white tips on now as I'm not sure what would look worse! :'-(

Any advice greatly appreciated

E x

Just wondered if you had a go at making your brisa more opaque?

It helps to apply your opaque pinks in thin layers, this will ensure you have an even cure. I use soft white on most of my enhancements to give a more natural look. The soft white does blur the line a bit. I have just a few clients who wear the opaque white.

As for the nails looking like shovels, you just need to file the side walls so they are parallel to each other. When I first started doing nails, they ended up looking like this. I wasn't taught in school to file the side wells straight out...I learned with time.

These were done with Brisa semi sheer cool pink and soft white. I also put opal glitter on the tips...there were her wedding nails.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,022
It helps to apply your opaque pinks in thin layers, this will ensure you have an even cure. I use soft white on most of my enhancements to give a more natural look. The soft white does blur the line a bit. I have just a few clients who wear the opaque white.

As for the nails looking like shovels, you just need to file the side walls so they are parallel to each other. When I first started doing nails, they ended up looking like this. I wasn't taught in school to file the side wells straight out...I learned with time.

These were done with Brisa semi sheer cool pink and soft white. I also put opal glitter on the tips...there were her wedding nails.

these are just beautiful.:Love::Love::Love:

at what point did you apply the glitter? and when u say apply pink in thin layers - how many exactly? and did u apply layer thickness like an overlay? x

these are just beautiful.:Love::Love::Love:

at what point did you apply the glitter? and when u say apply pink in thin layers - how many exactly? and did u apply layer thickness like an overlay? x

Thank you! I applied the pink in 2 thin layers, just like a NNO, curing between each. The glitter was applied after finishing. I used clearly pink just on the tips, curing for 2 minutes, then scrubbed the glitter into the inhibition layer. Top coat x2

Thank you! I applied the pink in 2 thin layers, just like a NNO, curing between each. The glitter was applied after finishing. I used clearly pink just on the tips, curing for 2 minutes, then scrubbed the glitter into the inhibition layer. Top coat x2

which layer did you build the apex with?
shellac topcoat x2 to finish or brisa gloss? x

which layer did you build the apex with?
shellac topcoat x2 to finish or brisa gloss? x

I built the apex with the first layer, and floated the gel very carefully to the cuticle. I kept the gel thinner at the cuticle bcuz I didn't want there to be a hump that need a lot of filing. With the second layer I didn't use as much gel but just made sure any low spots were covered.

I used Shellac tc over the glitter but you could use Brisa Gloss. I only have one bottle of Brisa Gloss and didn't want it to get contaminated with glitter. I have 3 Shellac tc, one for applying over just Shellac, another for applying over glitter and a spare in case I run out.

Latest posts

Back