Extending natural nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterxdust

Reaction score
how do i extend the nail bed? i would love to extend mine. also thinking of trying the deep smile line tips. (the U tips)

how do i extend the nail bed? i would love to extend mine. also thinking of trying the deep smile line tips. (the U tips)
Not sure of what utips are hun but you will need a good coverage powder to do it.

6ea6_1.JPG

this is a 'u' tip

If using white tips then how can you elongate the nail bed...???....the point of elongating the nail bed is to hide your own natural smile line and make the nail bed look longer...then do your smile line. (or visa versa)

If using white tips then once its applied to the nail you will only have your actual nail bed left for product....so there is no room for elongating....hope this is making sense...:lol:

Those tips will give the appearance of a longer nail bed anyway due to there deep smile line...however, do you have the nail beds in the first place to carry them off....??

i thought you would have elongated the nail then either place a form and sculpt the free edge or use tips didnt think it would really matter. i use tips more than sculpting because im still getting my sculpts as good as my l&p with tips

so let me get this straight, you cannot extend the nail bed and then apply a tip?

ive thought about it and i would have thought now that you extend the nail bed with one of those powders that hides imperfections i.e natural smile line?

then you would do a natural nail overlay over the whole nail

you know more than me about this as i havent done any training in this

If using white tips then how can you elongate the nail bed...???....the point of elongating the nail bed is to hide your own natural smile line and make the nail bed look longer...then do your smile line. (or visa versa)

If using white tips then once its applied to the nail you will only have your actual nail bed left for product....so there is no room for elongating....hope this is making sense...:lol:

Those tips will give the appearance of a longer nail bed anyway due to there deep smile line...however, do you have the nail beds in the first place to carry them off....??

I thought you would have elongate the nail bed first then apply a tip/sculpt/ natural nail french overlay?

i thought you would have elongated the nail then either place a form and sculpt the free edge or use tips didnt think it would really matter. i use tips more than sculpting because im still getting my sculpts as good as my l&p with tips

so let me get this straight, you cannot extend the nail bed and then apply a tip?

Sure you can as long as you use a natural tip and then use your powders to extend the nail

ive thought about it and i would have thought now that you extend the nail bed with one of those powders that hides imperfections i.e natural smile line?

then you would do a natural nail overlay over the whole nail

you know more than me about this as i havent done any training in this
What training have you done hun?

i trained with nsi when i did nvq3 beauty therapy and covered the following:

• liquid & powder and gel
  • sculptured, tips and natural nail overlays-french and natural
  • nail art

as Judy has said...you can use tips and custom powders to elongate the nail bed but you wouldn't use a white tip as per the picture you have shown. You would apply a natural or clear tip...blend the tip...then create a longer nail bed with the custom mix and then do the whites.....or do the whites first but place them higher than your natural smile line then cover your natural smile line and the rest of your nail bed with the coverage.

Last edited:
ok i understand thanks x

brill. it would have been good to see how it looked before! x

i might sound like a dumb nut here but
i have never heard of extending the natural nail bed before applying tips...
certainly wasnt part of my nvq?
x.

Latest posts

Back