Extending toenails with brisa gel ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
Hi peeps,
I have a friend coming over on sunday for me to practice gel toenails using brisa,

The thing is her toenails are really small.... how can I extend them slightly ?
Like the big toe looks like a bitten thumb nail would so I have lots of room to do a small free edge...but I don't know how lol,
I would like to add the white exactly where her natural nail ends as you would with a sculptured nail.
can it be done with Gel.
I won't be able to fit a form as the nail kind of sits in the skin with l&p I would just have solar oiled the skin and applied the l&p directly...

I have had a search and can't find anything about extending toenails.

I wish I'd have taken a pic to explain grrrr

Thankyouuuu xxx

personnaly i would extend the nail with l/p (as thin as poss and using the slightest app of oil) then carry on with your Brisa app

xx

I was faced with this a little while ago. I used a little oil and sculpted the toes that needed it <the big ones> to where they should have been with brisa and it worked really well. I did them for my grown up daughter, who'd managed to lose half of both her big toes. She toddled off happily with them and they've stayed put! :)

It was the first time I'd attempted anything like this and was a bit wary, but it worked beautifully. I won't say 'Good luck' because you won't need it. It works! :hug:

How would I do that please G,
would I apply l&p as usual thinly though, just literally to build the extension, then file with a 180 and apply gel straight to this.. I won't use the bond will I ?
I think I will only need to do this on the big toes, I will do the other whites with a cocktail stick or dotting tool.

ahh deena I just saw your reply, I like the thought of this, So again would I just apply the oil to the skin, no bond and then layer some clear gel on then file smooth and apply my white as I can't imagine I will get it on smooth being so new to gel.

Sorry if I sound simple lol, I am still getting to grips with the whole brisa thing...

Oooooo I have ordered some of the warm opaque today though I cannot WAIT to do my own nails when it comes !!!

My mate is coming in half an hour for me to practice this...

I am just going to put oil on the skin, then do I just apply the base layer onto that skin, and cure for the usual 2 minutes ???
Then continue with white application etc...

I am thinking it just won't stay put or will hurt when I put it under the lamp or something lol

Latest posts

Back