Extension hair - complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickiemurray

Reaction score
Hi

So I’ve looked at the threads on here regarding their hair matting. I just wondered if anybody has been successful with receiving a refund, I’m currently in the process of sorting a claim with the small court.

In a nutshell I ordered hair on 16/09 for a client who had it before & was really impressed with them & wanted the same again. I fitted it the day it arrived on the 17/09. On the 18/09 I received a message asking if it was the same hair as she was struggling to get a brush through it & it was shedding a lot. So I straight away contacted the company explaining it must be a bad batch & purely to just swap them. My email was returned with a million ridiculous questions that were irrelevant as it had been a day, I then received one email a day, if that. I sent the requested videos which they said she was using the wrong brush (it’s a beauty works extensions brush). I sent the hair back 30/09 by 13/10 I’d had no contact so emailed them, they responded it had to go to testing, then the very next day they had their results surprisingly They said there was no fault with it (I don’t believe they even test it) according to them the hair was extremely healthy. I emailed straight back & it is now nearly 2 weeks & ive sent 3 emails with no reply?im so angry. I’ve bought thousands upon thousands of hair from them in the last 2 years.

Any help from somebody who has had to deal with the same thing would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

(edited by a moderator to remove company details - naming and shaming is against SG Rules)

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re purchasing human hair taken from a variety of heads. Every batch will be different so I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a variation in quality.

As you have chosen to take legal action, it really isn’t appropriate to discuss the details on a public forum.

Hi

So I’ve looked at the threads on here regarding their hair matting. I just wondered if anybody has been successful with receiving a refund, I’m currently in the process of sorting a claim with the small court.

In a nutshell I ordered hair on 16/09 for a client who had it before & was really impressed with them & wanted the same again. I fitted it the day it arrived on the 17/09. On the 18/09 I received a message asking if it was the same hair as she was struggling to get a brush through it & it was shedding a lot. So I straight away contacted the company explaining it must be a bad batch & purely to just swap them. My email was returned with a million ridiculous questions that were irrelevant as it had been a day, I then received one email a day, if that. I sent the requested videos which they said she was using the wrong brush (it’s a beauty works extensions brush). I sent the hair back 30/09 by 13/10 I’d had no contact so emailed them, they responded it had to go to testing, then the very next day they had their results surprisingly They said there was no fault with it (I don’t believe they even test it) according to them the hair was extremely healthy. I emailed straight back & it is now nearly 2 weeks & ive sent 3 emails with no reply?im so angry. I’ve bought thousands upon thousands of hair from them in the last 2 years.

Any help from somebody who has had to deal with the same thing would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

(edited by a moderator to remove company details - naming and shaming is against SG Rules)

I've had this happen with a few clients with my previous supplier, it's so hard when you’re trying to maintain a reputation. I ended up replacing the hair myself which I couldn't afford. Natural product or not, i personally believe that good quality extensions should not be unmanageable and matting within a couple of days, if they do, I believe the supplier should offer a replacement, especially when their website states that they'll last 12+ months.
I hope you manage to sort it out hun, it's just stress that we really don't need in the current climate xx

Latest posts

Back