Extension maintenance, how long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's the side ones doing this. Also is it normal for my scalp to be itching? I really want to take them out because they are so irritating but love my hair. Iv got around 50 micro loops just for thickness
Are you washing out your shampoo properly?can also itch when the hair gets greasy or sweaty or it could be allergy.

Are you washing out your shampoo properly?can also itch when the hair gets greasy or sweaty or it could be allergy.
Yes I rinsed for ages. I usually wash my hair every other day but trying to only wash every 3rd day with extensions in. I'm new to fitting extensions so wanted to try them out for myself but not enjoying the experience! Do you know of people who have allergies to extensions? Would it be the rings? I guess having more hair than usual I could be sweating in the night??

An Itchy sensation can be a sign of tension sores beginning. Or you may have cross hairs pullling.

Around each section of hair at the scalp does it feel like there is a lump? Or get someone to look for you if the site looks red and inflamed.

Yes I rinsed for ages. I usually wash my hair every other day but trying to only wash every 3rd day with extensions in. I'm new to fitting extensions so wanted to try them out for myself but not enjoying the experience! Do you know of people who have allergies to extensions? Would it be the rings? I guess having more hair than usual I could be sweating in the night??
Get someone to check your scalp if it's red or you have bumps,that means your allergic to the rings,if not it should go away soon as you are new to extensions and your scalp is getting use to it.
Did you have professional application if they applied too close to the scalp this can also cause itching.

Does anyone know what I can advise to my client...when i take the nano rings out, it is slightly matted, but its with dirt, like old shampoo. She has said its maybe shampoo getting stuck underneath the ring, but i'm not sure what to say?

An Itchy sensation can be a sign of tension sores beginning. Or you may have cross hairs pullling.

Around each section of hair at the scalp does it feel like there is a lump? Or get someone to look for you if the site looks red and inflamed.
It doesn't look red but I can feel little tiny lumps that I've been scratching. The first two days they were in they hurt but I thought that was normal! After 2 days I couldn't stand them so I opened the rings & loosened them off a bit. They stopped hurting but began itching. Does it sound like tension sores to you from being too tight?

Get someone to check your scalp if it's red or you have bumps,that means your allergic to the rings,if not it should go away soon as you are new to extensions and your scalp is getting use to it.
Did you have professional application if they applied too close to the scalp this can also cause itching.
Yes they were done professionally. Not red, but I have bumps that Iv been scratching. Like a tiny spot that is now healing. They have been in a week now. I think they were in too tight as they really hurt & I couldn't bare to lay on them so after 2 days I opened the rings & loosened them off a bit. That's when it started to itch. It still itches now but not as bad

Latest posts

Back